Wednesday 9 September 2020

Gym complete, and plastering the library

 Last night was something of a disaster - I was in bed for 7pm and slept through mostly until 11pm when I was woken by ridiculously loud music from a wedding. Three phone calls to the police did not get it stopped and it finally finished at 1.30am by which time I was fully awake and didn't get back over until about 3am. Not good, and not the recovery I needed from my headache last night. I woke this morning thinking I'd have to take the whole day off to recover.

A beautiful start to the day
A beautiful start to the day
Bekir sweeps as Halil plasters
Bekir sweeps as Halil plasters
Plastering over the archway
Plastering over the archway
Halil does the final grouting
Halil does the final grouting

It was a cooler start, but still bright, and the day has been glorious; just that little bit less overwhelmingly hot, but still very warm. The men were a little late in today, which didn't help the start to the day, so much that I had to have a quiet word but they took it in good humour fortunately. The tasks for today were to finish the tiling in the gym (both a small amount of grouting, and tiles on the window sill) and then plaster the library and once they were in they hard at work and cracked on well all day.

Laying tiles for the windowsill
Laying tiles for the windowsill
Working hard on the plastering
Working hard on the plastering
Gym just needs a clean now
Gym just needs a clean now
Library first coat plastering done
Library first coat plastering done

I didn't get many pictures today as I was focusing on work and when I wasn't working I was either resting or with Rosie so Angela could get a rest; unfortunately the men dragged the scaffold around without lifting it while Rosie was napping and this woke her very early and hence Angela didn't get her usual rest opportunity. Today has been a tough one indeed. Having said that the men really did crack on and the gym just needs a tidy now and we can shift our exercise stuff in, while the library has its first coat of plaster.

Tomorrow, more plastering I reckon and maybe a few other bits and pieces. We shall see. Here's to sleeping well.

2 comments:

  1. Not many rooms left I hear. Long job but coming to an end now. You must be chuffed.Regards Dan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very very chuffed, but now planning the next steps :D the internals are nearly done but a few things outside, and also some other projects being considered ... this blog'll carry on for a while yet :D

      Delete