Tuesday 8 September 2020

Slow Tuesday

 Today is brought to you by a very tired person who is heading to bed pretty much as soon as this is published; it's been warm again and I've struggled all day with work and keeping myself going and this evening I feel wiped and headachy. An early night and I'm sure I'll be back on it again tomorrow.

The lovely flowers on the balcony
The lovely flowers on the balcony
Sally starts the grouting
Sally starts the grouting
Bekir starts the wiring
Bekir starts the wiring
Finishing off the cement work
Finishing off the cement work
End of the day play
End of the day play

The day began again with me starting early to try and beat the heat but my head was not in it and that suffered all day. I did the watering round and admired the lovely display Angela is building of flowers on the balcony. It is such a pleasure to water these, particularly as a large number were my dad's and they remind me of him every day. The men were late today and also seemed to be on a bit of a slow day so maybe it wasn't just me but they got there and Sally started grouting with Halil helping while Bekir worked on the wiring. And that was the whole day, really. The gym has only about half an hour more of grouting needed, just along the wall edge of the platform, and the library is now prepared for plastering. It was a slow day but I'm still super pleased with progress.

Stuffed Peppers for dinner
Stuffed Peppers for dinner

Dinner was lovely stuffed peppers, made with produce brought us by the Little Lady, and now it is time for me to head to bed.

Thanks for reading this short update

2 comments:

  1. One wonders how many rooms are left to do before completion?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not very many at all, as it happens. After this we will work on the upstairs corridor (equivalent to the nook and library downstairs) and then down the main stairs and into the main entrance and then it's done (barring the store rooms and garage of course)... wooo

      Delete