Friday 4 September 2020

Windy Friday

 But it has been WINDY today all day; I was in bed for 9pm last night and woke at 11 with the windows banging and things blowing on the balcony. After this was sorted I was straight back to sleep - so good to get a good night again finally.

A cloudy start - first clouds for weeks
A cloudy start - first clouds for weeks
The Tyre Garden is complete(ish)
The Tyre Garden is complete(ish)
Halil channelling for lights
Halil channelling for lights
Ring and drops for plug sockets
Ring and drops for plug sockets
Tiling ongoing
Tiling ongoing

The day began cloudy and windy and I got on with my chores and then I got the pickaxe and shovel out and dug the final tyre into the Tyre Garden. With that done it was time to go to my desk for the day. The men were in and at it with Halil and Sally still working in the library, channelling for electric both for lights and plugs, and Bekir in the gym continuing the tiling job.

Main power to the kitchen in the wall
Main power to the kitchen in the wall
Hammering a dowel for the light fitting
Hammering a dowel for the light fitting
Lots of cabling going on
Lots of cabling going on
Tiles in the gym
Tiles in the gym
Turned into a wonderful afternoon
Turned into a wonderful afternoon

The rest of the day was similar with Halil and Sally working on running cables (and fitting dowels into the ceiling for the light fittings) while Bekir cracked on with the tiling. That tiling job will be done by Monday and also all the electrics will be as well; they are waiting for me to tell them where I want the wall sockets to be but I've got to assemble the new book shelf I ordered to check out where I want the sockets. The end of the day came and I spent a really lovely time outside with Rosie running around and climbing on walls and generally exploring - she's getting to a really fun age, but is scaring me with her adventurous side. The sun had come out during the afternoon and while the wind was still really strong (it is only just now that it is starting to calm) it was a glorious wonderful time.

There it is; that's us for this week - back again on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment