Sunday 27 September 2020

Week off

 I've decided to do this update in hope and expectation that the men DO come back tomorrow and so this is the end of the week off. I wanted to do this anyway as we've actually been quite productive and also I won't want to type for hours tomorrow evening. So this is a clear the decks for the past week, and fingers crossed I'm back tomorrow with more.

Sanding down the table
Sanding down the table
Rosie helps me assemble book cases
Rosie helps me assemble book cases
Stored in the gym
Stored in the gym

First thing to talk about is we did start sanding down the dining room table. I got some really good disc patches and they worked very well in the end. Since the first few sessions I've done nothing more, really, as I now need to either take the legs off, or turn the table, so I can sand all the rest and I got distracted with other tasks. What distracted me was the delivery of five more book cases for the library. I've put one up a day every day, apart from Wednesday when I was not feeling very well and had an early night, and Rosie has helped me (and actually helped - she put the dowels in the holes, helped push some of the metal catches into place - she's a star) and now as I type this I have only one more remaining before they are all assembled. Very satisfying.

Clearing the raised beds
Clearing the raised beds
Potting out seedlings
Potting out seedlings


As well as this progress inside Angela has been making huge steps outside; she has cleared out some raised beds and started off a load of seedlings on kitchen roll inside which has produced about 60 cabbages and other assorted winter veg. Rosie helped her put these into seed trays (and again, she did help as she was responsible for sticking her finger in to make a hole.. sometimes) and they are now growing well outside. More flowers arrived for our little garden by the path and today the number of butterflies and bees around them was purely amazing; check the short video to see.

Beautiful sunrise
Beautiful sunrise
A bit of a misty one
A bit of a misty one
Storm clouds over the school
Storm clouds over the school
Rainbow in the distance
Rainbow in the distance

I'll leave you with a few pictures of the weather and sky this week; we've had a very changeable week with very hot days, and then rain and storms and cold weather as well. Autumn is truly upon us.

Here's hoping that tomorrow I'm back with another update; if I am not you know they didn't arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment