Tuesday 22 December 2020

Beginning to carpet the library

We had a day off yesterday as the men were not around so back today and a bit frustrated due to the fact we had about three days work for this week and because of losing yesterday not enough days left to get everything done. No matter, to the weekend.

Cooking over a wood fire
Cooking over a wood fire
Rosie helping me assemble units
Rosie helping me assemble units
One of them completed
One of them completed
Sunday breakfast
Sunday breakfast


It was a busy and good weekend all round; I cooked Spicy Pork Pasta on the petchka (my favourite way of cooking it) and we all really enjoyed it, Rosie particularly who had 3 helpings! On Saturday Rosie helped me put together a couple of shelving units that will end up being underneath a train layout I think (though we have put one in the kitchen to help organise our "bag dumping ground" which has already proven useful. Sunday I cooked bacon and eggs and generally we had a good weekend indeed. Rosie is being a good girl at the moment and it was lovely to give Angela time in the art room again and also just to spend time all of us together. I did also spot that another pylon was being erected across the valley and caught the crane being driven very carefully down the dirt track into position. This work is now completed and it has gone again. Rosie also got to meet Santa Claus at her school, got given a little gift, and had some pictures taken but I couldn't go as well which really gutted me.

Halil drilling, Bekir fitting the pegs and nailing
Halil drilling, Bekir fitting the pegs and nailing
Terrible traffic going into town
Terrible traffic going into town
The underlay is in
The underlay is in
Out for fun with Rosie
Out for fun with Rosie

The men were in today and we decided to put them straight to laying the carpet in the library as that is the absolute priority we have. I showed them the fitting video and then they set to, drilling loads of holes to plug and screw or nail the strips down about 5mm from the wall. I have been finalising my immigration status for post-brexit and after a visit on Monday that was a total failure with very rude staff I headed back today, through terrible traffic, to find the exact same staff member was friendly and lovely. Very strange but everything is sorted. I got home and was excited to see the underlay is in and that is as far as they got. I think I'll get them to use doublesided tape to secure the underlay a bit better before the carpet goes over the top tomorrow. Oh wow we'll have a library!! After this I had a lot of fun outside with Rosie who was truly full of beans.

So there you are; we'll see how far they get tomorrow and find out if they'll have to be back for a short while in the New Year - hopefully not! Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment