Monday 14 December 2020

Busy ill weekend, and Monday

 Back to it at the start of another week and only two more weeks until Christmas so we're now really hoping to get everything done so the men don't have to come back in the New Year until at least April maybe.

The river side path fully under water
The river side path fully under water

Rosie playing in the trailer in the rain
Rosie playing in the trailer in the rain
Set up for my second livestream
Set up for my second livestream
Fire lit and burning well
Fire lit and burning well
Excited for my first hosted livestream
Excited for my first hosted livestream

The weekend was a weekend of two very different days. On Saturday it was OK weather and we had a nice morning playing with Rosie until it was time to go to town to buy the heavy duty shop racking for the roof space. We drove down and I pulled over to film and photograph just how high the river is after all the rain we had. It was crazy. On Saturday evening we both started feeling unwell and I was particularly rough all day Sunday (Angela had the full brunt today) however Rosie didn't care about that and wanted to play so outside into the rain we went. I had two livestreams on Sunday, one in the morning for charity and another in the evening that was me and a guy I've become friends with from California. I got through both, though I was very very tired (grey, apparently) by the end of the second one and Angela had to do her nursing thing and pour whisky down my throat in the form of an amazing hot toddy that really helped. It was a busy weekend and a good fun one.

Sanding the walls
Sanding the walls
Filling the gaps at the corners
Filling the gaps at the corners
Little bit of skirting work
Little bit of skirting work
Painting the rest of the skirting
Painting the rest of the skirting
Bekir prepares the tiles
Bekir prepares the tiles
Plastic sheet is down
Plastic sheet is down

I woke unsure if I was feeling better or not however Angela was really poorly first thing; bless her she battled through and is now feeling a whole lot better, as am I. The men were in and set to their tasks with Halil sanding down all the plastering he's done on the landing in preparation for painting it white tomorrow. Bekir was on the balcony first of all filling the small gaps at the corners of the apex end, then fitting the steel in place to secure the newly fitted windows from last week. With the sanding done Halil made some very small formers and mixed a little cement and rebuilt the skirting outside Room 13 door. He then proceeded to paint the rest of the skirting in black, carefully masking off. Bekir was by this time in the glass room measuring and cutting tiles to be placed around the outside of the windows on the balcony. Halil took down the plastic sheet that we put up to prevent too much dust and debris going up the corridor and it looks really lovely indeed - I am surprised how much I like the pole we've attached and I think we'll be looking for some full length curtains for there soon.

Rosie watching The Hobbit
Rosie watching The Hobbit
Louise smiling while sleeping
Louise smiling while sleeping

And there you are; this evening we begin our Christmas as we began watching The Hobbit with Rosie. We made it about 30 minutes in which was about what I expected and after I publish this I'll be going back down to watch as much more as we can stay awake for. Thelma and Louise were cuddled on me and very happy to have me there which was great.

Thanks for reading; see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment