Thursday 9 December 2021

Filling up the raised bed

The sun shone today, which was a great relief to me and probably to the workmen as well.

The sun appears
The sun appears
Thomas, low on his suspension with sheep manure
Thomas, low on his suspension with sheep manure
Sifting then shovelling into the raised bed
Sifting then shovelling into the raised bed
The long task continues
The long task continues
Taking the manure out of Thomas
Taking the manure out of Thomas
Nearly all done for the day
Nearly all done for the day

It was a beautiful sunrise though I was up quite late after a disturbed night (more of which later). I had a busy day at work but did pay attention for the men to arrive in Thomas, loaded down with very mature composted sheep manure - this is amazing quality and will be wonderful in the raised beds. The men got stuck into their task for the day which was filling up the first bay with soil; they sifted it through the old gate again to take out stones and roots and then threw it into the bay. It was a long and boring day but eventually they got enough in that it was time for a layer of sheep manure. After emptying Thomas they about a few inches thick over the whole area then finished the day by covering that with soil. The first bay is COMPLETE!

Moon over the Old School
Moon over the Old School
Where the guitar hanger pulled out of the wall
Where the guitar hanger pulled out of the wall

Rosie went to the park with Angela after school which was lovely and then after she got home it was time for some play upstairs and then outside to get the washing in and also run around about in the gloaming. It was while I was upstairs that I noticed one of my guitars on the floor and suddenly realised - this is what disturbed me in the night. About 3am this morning I was woken by a huge clatter of something falling over but despite going all round the house, down to the woodstore and up into the roof space I could see nothing that could have caused it. But now I see the guitar hanger pulled out of the wall and the guitar fell to the floor. Fortunately it doesn't SEEM to be damaged but I'll have to give it a good look over.

So there you are; another day done and STILL not onto the chicken enclosure; my fear is we won't even start that until next year now. Oh well, back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment