Thursday 23 December 2021

More stones and workshop progress

Again this evening I'm late starting this update as our Christmas tradition is still holding true; this evening was the first half of The Two Towers and while we both were dropping off we did manage just about to stay awake. So to the update, and then to bed!

Really beautiful frost on the windows of Thomas
Really beautiful frost on the windows of Thomas
The sun rises
The sun rises
The final delivery of roadstone for now at least
The final delivery of roadstone for now at least



Bekir shifting a wheelbarrow of stones
Bekir shifting a wheelbarrow of stones
Final levelling and done
Final levelling and done
Bekir fixed our patio table
Bekir fixed our patio table
Bekir and Halil lifting the back onto Thomas
Bekir and Halil lifting the back onto Thomas

It was a very cold one last night and the cars were frozen this morning. I cleared off Thomas to take Rosie to school and then enjoyed the sunrise before it was time to drive her down. It was -8 degrees in town when I left her; very cold indeed. Angela headed into town to do most of the Christmas food shop while I stayed and helped the men with the final delivery of stones for the driveway. I am so sore now from all the shovelling of the past two days but it was really satisfying to be involved and the drive is now safe and sturdy for the next few years at least. I was fixing the back on Thomas, that Bekir and Halil had lifted into place, when Angela got back and then I headed out to town, collected some parcels and paid for the truck hire and the final load of stones (though that had to wait until after my shopping as I got to the quarry about 2 minutes after midday and lunch was happening). In town I picked up a shop vac for the workshop, some brushes and some heaters for the balcony.

Fitting electrics and shelf supports
Fitting electrics and shelf supports
The new bench (it will have legs as well)
The new bench (it will have legs as well)
Rosie helping prepare breadcrumbs
Rosie helping prepare breadcrumbs
Rosie playing with a Boglin
Rosie playing with a Boglin
Hot mince pie and ice-cream
Hot mince pie and ice-cream

With all the work on the driveway the workshop took a slight back seat however this afternoon the men fitted the last of the plugs (though we have run out of cable so I'll need to pick some more up) and then with that done they quickly put up the first of the work benches I want in the workshop. This will have the shop vac tucked underneath it and a pillar drill on top and also maybe my 3D printers. It's great to see it coming together. It was the last day of work for the men maybe until next week (I have given them the option of next week if it is nice enough weather to finish the garden, but the workshop now waits for the new power tools to arrive that will be fitted inside the bench top) and they left the place lovely and clean and tidy. When Rosie got back from school I was tidying and clearing a bit so she helped Angela to rip up crusty rolls which will go into the stuffing for Christmas Dinner; she was having a great time. After that Rosie and I played with some Boglins for a bit and then dinner which ended with hot mince pies and ice cream. Lovely.

And so there you have it. I don't know when my next update will be; if the men are back next week then definitely then and MAYBE on Boxing day before as I expect to have a lot to say about Christmas Day :)

Thanks for reading and, if there's no update before the New Year, A Very Happy New Year to you all (and Merry Christmas of course also).

2 comments:

  1. Hi. I like what You are doing. Where in BG are You?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) we are in the Southern part of Bulgaria, not near other expats :)

      Delete