Wednesday 15 December 2021

Super productive day

Wow today has been busy, for both Angela and I as well as the workmen. We have achieved loads so let us get to it.

Games Room storage coming together
Games Room storage coming together
The state of the workshop last night
The state of the workshop last night
Working out rough plans
Working out rough plans

We start, however, yesterday evening. After Rosie went to bed I did a bit of tidying in the Games Room (I've done more this morning as well as it happens, though no picture) and then I went down to the workshop to try to plan it out. I spent a very successful 20 minutes or so on the phone to a Canadian friend who helped me to nail down where I want things to go and where, mostly, the table saw should sit. The workshop was a total mess and I cannot wait to see it done.

Some sign of sunshine
Some sign of sunshine
Snow on the hills this morning
Snow on the hills this morning
Halil shifting insulation out of the workshop
Halil shifting insulation out of the workshop
Fitting a new bracket for the pool storage
Fitting a new bracket for the pool storage
Cleaning the bathroom. Hard work!
Cleaning the bathroom. Hard work!
A little ice in the wheelbarrow
A little ice in the wheelbarrow
The pool up on its shelf
The pool up on its shelf

This morning was an earlier start, which was good, and I got to enjoy the sunrise and get a little bit of hobby done before Rosie even woke up. Angela took her to school and I got some more of the storage in the Games Room done before the men arrived and I went over my plans with them. Immediately they got stuck in to clearing and tidying the room and once the insulation was moved they fitted another shelf to the wood storage rack and lifted the swimming pool up onto it; this is a huge improvement and will prevent it getting damaged while we store it. Angela was also very hard at work cleaning the downstairs bathroom as now we've had the roof on the balcony to stop leaks it is no longer getting so damp that mould grew on mould. It is so much nicer! Meanwhile I was hammering away at helping the workmen to move things out of the workshop and while not doing that I was shredding cardboard all day long. I am so sore now but it is all done. Outside I found some ice in the wheelbarrow; it was a chilly day indeed.

Stacking the spare tiles
Stacking the spare tiles
Room looking tidier
Room looking tidier
Sorting through assorted odds and ends
Sorting through assorted odds and ends
Sweeping up the now clear workshop
Sweeping up the now clear workshop
Bekir insulating the pump house
Bekir insulating the pump house

The men kept at it in the workshop until it was all cleared. With the pool out the way they shifted some of the old shelving units (these are now in the roof for me to use as I'm tidying up there) and then they stacked all the tiles neatly out of the way. There were boxes and boxes of random bits laying around which they sorted through and put into organised boxes, throwing away stuff that wasn't needed, and then a sweep and the room is clean and ready for electrics tomorrow. With that done they jumped to another task they had noticed needed doing; the toilet pump house was still not insulated so they've got stuck into that.

Tomorrow they'll finish the insulation on the pump house and then get started on the work to fit the electrics in the workshop. I'll need to go out to pick up a load of parts of them as well. I'm very excited to see this room being done; I had resigned myself to waiting a year or two!

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment