Thursday 16 December 2021

Pump house and starting electrics

I'm just back from a really nice beer and pizza with my friend after a pretty busy day and this is going to be a short enough update both because it is late, and also it was a simple day for the men.

Insulating and skimming the pump house
Insulating and skimming the pump house
A quick snap before it was covered over
A quick snap before it was covered over
Nicely insulated and ready for winter
Nicely insulated and ready for winter
Starting to run the lights
Starting to run the lights

The day was really foggy and cold this morning with ice on the cars but first thing Bekir and Halil were outside finishing off the work on the pump house. Halil sealed the outside walls while Bekir fitted insulation inside. I was a little sad as they were covering over the chalk writing from the summer that Angela and Rosie had put there but we can always do more next year. I received the delivery of cut shelves I ordered the other day and collected it in Thomas then Bekir and I almost died carrying the unloaded pallet inside and up the stairs. It was so heavy! With the pump house completed, and having given me details of materials they would need, Bekir and Halil moved into the workshop and started to run power and mark out locations for the lights. This is very exciting.

Dessert for me
Dessert for me

As I said this evening I've been out for some food and a chat and it was a very nice evening. I did miss my time with Rosie though. The walk home was in a drizzle but I'm glad I still walked; I really like to stretch my legs and walk back from town.

So there you have it; thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment