Wednesday 5 October 2022

Goodbye to Julian

What a day! I haven't stopped all day until now. But now I have time to write a quick update for you all so let's get into it.

The best hair style I can do
The best hair style I can do
Grinding down another length of steel
Grinding down another length of steel
Making sure everything is square
Making sure everything is square
Putting another column in place
Putting another column in place
Drilling to secure with another pin
Drilling to secure with another pin

This morning I had to do Rosie's hair before school which went far better than expected. It stayed in all day as well! When I got back from dropping her to school the men were already in and working on the next column. There was trimming required, and now we are starting to run out of discs for the machine so probably need to get another couple I think. They worked on fitting the middle two columns, as well as having to spend time with me taking Maisie from the garage where she has been for the past two weeks having nothing done over to a new place in the main town. 

Julian getting worked on again
Julian getting worked on again
Julian has gone, and the columns look great
Julian has gone, and the columns look great
Looking at Maisie in the garage
Looking at Maisie in the garage
Rosie drinks apple juice while we wait for the bike
Rosie drinks apple juice while we wait for the bike
Burger and chips for dinner
Burger and chips for dinner

Julian was being worked on when we got back from dropping Maisie at the garage in town. It turns out that the fuel pump was just a bit stuck and after hitting it with a hammer it worked again - that is proper tech. After school I collect Rosie then collected Dincher and we went back into town, via an appointment for him, and then on to the bike shop. The guy did a very quick service on my main bike (though I've got some more to do here if I get time) and Rosie and I had a drink at a cafe next door while we waited. We left the other bike there, probably to collect tomorrow, and we dropped Dincher back at his office then went for a quick bite to eat. We got home just in time for book reading and then bed. What a busy day.

So there it is. What a day. I'm exhausted now. Thanks for reading, back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment