Friday 7 October 2022

Welding and painting

Today Angela arrived home from her art week and she had a great time it seems. It's good to have her home though! When she got here I suddenly felt myself get very tired as I'd just been keeping going and hadn't realised how stressed I was from the Maisie situation. Anyway, back to this morning

Having a lovely cuddle before school
Having a lovely cuddle before school
Halil gets to painting
Halil gets to painting
Bekir sets a panel in place
Bekir sets a panel in place
Getting ready to weld it in place
Getting ready to weld it in place
Melted the plug and the socket
Melted the plug and the socket
Bekir keeps welding
Bekir keeps welding

Rosie had me awake early but I sent her back to sleep though I couldn't get back down again sadly. When it was time for morning to happen she was very good again, we had a lovely cuddle with Louise and Xena and lots of of her teddies. After dropping her at school I headed into town to get more insurance for Maisie but found I was already covered until next April; I could swear I bought six months only but obviously not. I also picked up my other bike from the shop and now both my mountain bikes are operable again. When I got back Bekir and Halil were continuing with the same task as they left off last night. Halil was following behind Bekir and painting the columns and extra reinforcement while Bekir went ahead with the welder and fitted the extra strips to every joint. They knocked the power out at one point and the plug, that they only put on yesterday, had completely melted. It pulls a lot of current, that welder.

Getting to painting the long beams
Getting to painting the long beams
Two bikes back in service
Two bikes back in service
Rosie and The Little Lady in the garden
Rosie and The Little Lady in the garden

By the end of the day all the welding was done and they were both over at the 7m lengths and were painting them. They headed out to get some more supplies and try and get a better quote for the crane which should come next week, but by the end of the day they still had some painting to do. They have said they'll come on Sunday so you may get a bonus update. I took my bikes for a quick spin around the land to check them out and they are both riding great, though I do need to do a bit of work on the front brake on the big GT at the back in the picture. It needs its brake fluid bleeding. I was sat reading to Rosie, after she calmed down from playing with Punduk when she got home, when The Little Lady came over with gifts for her and to start harvesting walnuts. Rosie went out to be with her which was awesome.

The moon rises above the hills
The moon rises above the hills

I'll leave you with this lovely picture of the moon rising that I took during our dinner time. Beautiful.

So there it is. I may indeed be back on Sunday; thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment