Friday 24 November 2023

Another epic day

Today has been an epic day and we have achieved loads so let's get to it without delay.

Dutch checks out his pillow
Dutch checks out his pillow
Dutch likes his new house
Dutch likes his new house
Lots of rubbish to clear
Lots of rubbish to clear
Much tidier now
Much tidier now
The chicken gets her leg treated
The chicken gets her leg treated
Blowing dust off the filters
Blowing dust off the filters

After doing my exercises this morning I went out and stapled Dutch's pillow down to the pallet and moved all his bedding over; he seems to have settled in to that already which is great news. After dropping her at school I got stuck into moving the pile of sticks, leaves and other wooden junk from the edge of the patio and swept some other leaves up from around the place. It's looking much neater now. When the men arrived they went straight in to treat the chicken, which is a pretty simple task that I'll have to do tomorrow and Sunday. She seems a lot better. After that they went into Rosie's rooms again to clean the filters in the air conditioning units.

Bekir fitting the new lights
Bekir fitting the new lights
Lifting the unit upstairs
Lifting the unit upstairs
Probably not its final resting place
Probably not its final resting place
I hate flies inside so much!
I hate flies inside so much!
Kill all the flies
Kill all the flies
Taping the door up to keep the smoke in
Taping the door up to keep the smoke in

The first inside task was the finish up fitting the lights as my new bulbs are on their way but not here yet. I spent a bit of time tidying in the balcony and decided to move the unit in there upstairs to replace with a better shelving unit to help the balcony toys stay tidy, so the men helped to lift it up and put it in place. I noticed that once again we've got a huge fly problem out there so this prompted the next task - setting off a smoke bomb in there. It went off so fast and then we found that the doors to the balcony are not very well sealed so we had to rush to tape up the doors into the lounge however it was too late to seal the door in the bedroom so that had to be shut off and abandoned for 24 hours. It was stinky!

Halil fits the bulbs he found
Halil fits the bulbs he found
Drilling for the first frame
Drilling for the first frame
Lots of frames going up the wall
Lots of frames going up the wall
Fitting the Lord of the Rings posters
Fitting the Lord of the Rings posters
Right at the top of the ladder
Right at the top of the ladder
And all the posters are up and look GREAT!
And all the posters are up and look GREAT!

The men then had to head out to get better screws and wall plugs for the next task and they were able to pick up some bulbs for the lights so the ones coming from the internet will now be in spare. And now the main task for the day, that I expected to take all day, which is hanging the posters up the stairs to the roof space. They went up super quick and before I even realised it all of them were up and I had to work to decide where each poster is going to be set. I was bouncing around and so excited to see these up and done but now I need to buy more posters and frames to complete the walls (and one of the frames I bought is actually empty so yeah I do need more).

Using the laser to ensure everything is level
Using the laser to ensure everything is level
Cutting through the plasterboard
Cutting through the plasterboard
Starting to drill it out
Starting to drill it out
Holes punched through
Holes punched through
Sweeping up the rubble
Sweeping up the rubble
The four holes looking great
The four holes looking great

I expected that job to take all day so I was even more excited that now the men were at least able to make a start knocking the holes through from outside Room 13 into the Games Room. I explained what I wanted and they got the laser out to get the holes actually matching and discovered the floor really isn't even out there; one hole is 1.5cm closer to the floor than the other! It was then out with the grinder and cutting through the plasterboard and then the big drill bit and knocking the holes through and I could barely believe it but by the end of the day they had completed all the extra three holes and so we now have the four holes through. Amazing progress!

Pitched the tent for tonight
Pitched the tent for tonight
Rosie set up for Movie Night
Rosie set up for Movie Night

As I mentioned earlier the bedroom is out of action (and I went into it after dinner and it is so bad I had to hold my breath the whole time) so I pitched the tent and me and Rosie are going to camp out tonight. She's having a movie night with Angela while I'm typing this up and then we'll go out with some hot chocolate and have a nice night out there.

So there it is. We've a busy weekend lined up so expect another long one on Monday. Thanks for reading and  back Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment