Wednesday 22 November 2023

So much progress today

Today has been one of those days where loads gets done in a sudden rush so let's get to it.

Louise snuggling this morning, Xena in the background
Louise snuggling this morning, Xena in the background
Checking the wound on our white chicken
Checking the wound on our white chicken

Let's start off with a couple of very different animal pictures. This morning Louise and Xena were cuddling me as I attempted to wake up before taking Rosie to school. Then last night I found one of our chickens was bleeding from a wound on its leg. This morning I showed Bekir who had a look and later on got something from the vet and treated her. She seems OK, so hopefully she will recover quickly.

Starting to drill for the shelf
Starting to drill for the shelf
Drilling the final shelf
Drilling the final shelf
Replacing the Hobbit Hole
Replacing the Hobbit Hole
Delicate BFG repairs
Delicate BFG repairs

The attempt to purchase enough shelf supports by Halil on his way home last night failed due to the shops not having enough and this morning they went to three local shops and bought them out to get just enough for the teddy shelf in Rosie's room. With these now finally in hand Bekir drilled and affixed all the shelves in place and they look great. It was then lots of tidying and moving of tools, as well as putting the hobbit hole back in place and finally refixing the BFG to the wall in the bedroom where the dust had peeled it down. Finally; the project in Rosie's Rooms is done!

Bekir recovers a couple of guitar hooks
Bekir recovers a couple of guitar hooks
Keeping the dust tidy
Keeping the dust tidy
My guitars are looking great!
My guitars are looking great!
Putting some shelf supports up
Putting some shelf supports up
Removing a panel for Dutch's home
Removing a panel for Dutch's home
Cutting for a door flap
Cutting for a door flap

With this task completed the  men went straight into the roof to hang the guitars on the wall up there and they flew through this task. We had to take the two down from the wall in the lounge and then we together worked out the spacing and they set to. I'm so happy about how they look, it's amazing to see them up and of course now I want more. I also shifted one of the green chairs over to by the window and sat watching them work. With the guitars up they put up some shelf supports for me (I think I'll have my record player and amplifiers on there) and they used my new laser level to make it look great. With this done they even had time to do another small job. We've decided that Dutch is going to have his bed in the old toiler reservoir shed outside the kitchen door so we got Bekir to remove a panel from the doorway and Angela measured and cut some old material to hang over the front to keep the weather out. She'll do some sewing of this, put some weights in the bottom, and then tomorrow we can attach it and move Dutch in there.

Flowers on the pea plants
Flowers on the pea plants
Rosie's Teddy display!
Rosie's Teddy display!
Angela cleans the top of the units
Angela cleans the top of the units
Rosie cleans the bottom sections
Rosie cleans the bottom sections

After school I snapped a picture of the pea flowers on Rosie's raised bed. We are forecast a huge (and I mean huge) dump of snow in the next week so hopefully they survive! With Rosie I sorted through her teddies and got them all lifted up onto her shelf and she has barely any room for any other teddies! It was then time to clean the new storage while I was building the boxes that will go into these spaces. I also have a brought a load of her toys in and stacked them up but I don't have pictures of that.

So there it is. What a great day. Let's see what tomorrow brings. Thanks for reading and back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment