Thursday 16 November 2023

Yet more plastering, and some shelving units

It's becoming clear that this task will not be completed this week. It's just taken too long to get to the stage they are at now and they won't get it plastered and painted and all the shelves fitted by the end of tomorrow, I don't think. No matter, onwards.
Drilling out the wooden plug
Drilling out the wooden plug
Holes are filled
Holes are filled
Beam in playroom looking good
Beam in playroom looking good
Getting plaster on the bedroom ceiling
Getting plaster on the bedroom ceiling
Halil sanding down the beam
Halil sanding down the beam
More plaster onto the ceiling
More plaster onto the ceiling
Smoothing it out
Smoothing it out
First thing Bekir was drilling out the wooden wall plugs that had previously held up the Hobbit Hole in the play room, and then filled those holes with plaster. Halil was, meanwhile, putting more coats of plaster onto the beam in the playroom. They then moved into the bedroom and started to apply plaster to the ceiling in there. They got the first coat done then Halil went and sanded down the now dry plaster in the playroom before they went back in to do a second plaster application on the ceiling and then smooth it out. That is what was achieved today; not the greatest progress I don't think but they're getting there slowly.
Laying out some track to test my plan
Laying out some track to test my plan
Rosie helping me with the flat pack
Rosie helping me with the flat pack
All three units assembled
All three units assembled
During the day today I got to spend some time looking at my model railway plan, and then starting to transfer it onto the actual board. This is very exciting indeed! I am still waiting for the holes to be put through the wall, but it's beginning to take shape in my head. After school Rosie played with Dutch until it got dark then came in to help me as I assembled the three shelving units that will be going into her playroom. She was very helpful, and we got them all done before dinner.

So there it is. It'll be interesting to see just how far they do get tomorrow. I hope they get a lot done as it'll be nice to get Rosie back into her room. Thanks for reading, back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment