Thursday 14 December 2023

Back into the roof

I've not been well again today; I think there was some nastiness at the party last night because both Angela and I weren't great first thing but I didn't recover while she did quickly. I'm still pretty whacked and looking forward to an early night so let's get this done.
Rosie says goodbye to Sammy, and Dutch joins in
Rosie says goodbye to Sammy, and Dutch joins in
I'll start with a picture I forgot to include yesterday; Rosie saying goodbye to Sammy as today she has gone completely. We have rumours of more snow expected over the weekend so there's chance of another Sammy very soon!
Stunning sunrise once again
Stunning sunrise once again
Hello Dutch
Hello Dutch
The sunrise was, once again, stunning and I enjoyed watching it while exercising, then rushed outside for a picture. After dropping Rosie at school I got back to lots of greetings and a fuss for Dutch. He's growing fast!
Using the laser to get a level for the shelf
Using the laser to get a level for the shelf
Drilling and hoovering the holes
Drilling and hoovering the holes
Working on more holes
Working on more holes
Time to hang more poster frames
Time to hang more poster frames
Four awesome Hobbit posters
Four awesome Hobbit posters
Final frame for the Middle-earth map
Final frame for the Middle-earth map
The long shelf goes across
The long shelf goes across
Today I asked the men to go back into the roof to do a few things to finish the job; my new frames and new posters had arrived and also there were a bunch of shelves I wanted up. First off they started on the low shelf around the mini-landing, drilling the holes and then setting the first length in, with a slightly rounded off corner to protect shins. With this done they then set to hanging the four Hobbit posters I wanted next to my Lord of the Rings one from before. The frames come in boxes of five so I had a spare and decided to put it landscape next to the stairs and this now has a map of Middle-earth in it. With all the drilling done Bekir fitted the shelf along the long wall and these two tasks were complete.
Bekir starts to put up the guitar hanger
Bekir starts to put up the guitar hanger
Wall mount is mounted to the wall
Wall mount is mounted to the wall
Guitars in and looking lovely
Guitars in and looking lovely
Hanging the frames
Hanging the frames
Levels for these shelves
Levels for these shelves
Sanding down building wood for the shelf
Sanding down building wood for the shelf
Three shelves above the doorway
Three shelves above the doorway
The next task was the new guitar hanging thing that arrived yesterday and prompted this change of plan. It didn't take long to work out how it went together and while there are a LOT of screws holding it up, it was pretty simple to mount. One of the hangers was mis-assembled from the factory and they are already sending me a replacement, but I didn't need all ten hangers anyway so it wasn't a problem. With the guitars up and looking great Bekir went to the second last task of putting up my frames for my gig t-shirts. With the way the guitars are I think I can put some more up behind them which is great as I've many more than five to display, as I could fit in this section. The final task was shelves above the door. They fitted the Element System uprights to the wall only for me to find these are the 50mm brackets which I do not have any of so I've ordered some more 32mm uprights which should arrive soon and can then be swapped in however they did get the three I wanted above the door, which will have small dioramas and such displayed on them. They didn't want to hack up expensive "real" shelves so when they went to the shop to pick up metal for the job tomorrow they also got some cheap wood and then cut and sanded it and that job got completed. So, other than replacing the uprights this is all done from their point of view until I get another job lot of frames next year.
Future rock star
Future rock star
Rehung swing
Rehung swing
Once Rosie got home we went to look at what the men had done and had a little play on the guitar then had some swinging time (Bekir got the swing back up) though the resistance is greater so it's harder to get her swinging as well, which is a shame. We then had the final The Hobbit film for this year and dinner.

So there it is. A good day. Back to the cupboard under the stairs tomorrow though. Thanks for reading and back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment