Friday 8 December 2023

Snow stops work

Today has been a disrupted day for the men, as you'll see, so yeah let's get to it.
The Elf doing her naughty work
The Elf doing her naughty work
I love how the tree looks
I love how the tree looks
First of all some snaps of the Christmas tree and the Christmas Elf who last night climbed the tree and put toilet paper all over it! Rosie this morning thought it was outrageous what Pickle had done!
Bekir working in close confines
Bekir working in close confines
More progress on the walls
More progress on the walls
The snow just starting to fall
The snow just starting to fall
Snow starting to settle on the grass
Snow starting to settle on the grass
Finishing up the last of the cement for the day
Finishing up the last of the cement for the day
Halil had car trouble this morning and messaged me asking for a lift in so after dropping Rosie I headed to town and I was just about to reach him when he rang to say his car was working again so I turned round and headed home. They were a little late because of this but arrived soon enough and got on with the task of putting cement onto the walls. They were working away but just after lunch the snow started falling, very lightly and not settling at all but an hour or so later I noticed it was sticking and as Angela headed down to collect Rosie from school she told me the road down the hill was very slippery so I told the men to head home. They finished up the batch of cement they had then headed home. Frustrating but it's better they get home safe.
Me throwing a snowball at Rosie
Me throwing a snowball at Rosie
Rosie hits me with a snowball
Rosie hits me with a snowball
When Rosie got home from school she shouted to me to come play snowballs so I went down and we had a lot of fun for about half an hour or so before we went in to warm up. Unfortunately the snow stopped falling so we won't have a huge dump I don't think. It would be amazing to wake tomorrow to enough snow to make a snowman.

So there it is. Let's hope it's a snow day tomorrow! Thanks for reading, and back on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment