Monday 11 December 2023

Sammy Saves the Year

Well it's Monday again so another long old update to catch up to today so let's get it on.
Pickle with her breakfast pancakes
Pickle with her breakfast pancakes
Rosie enjoying her pancakes
Rosie enjoying her pancakes
Not that much snow left
Not that much snow left
Rosie's awesome snowman!
Rosie's awesome snowman!
A very icy patio
A very icy patio
Making a start on making our Sammy
Making a start on making our Sammy
Rosie with a big lump of snow
Rosie with a big lump of snow
Very proud of our Sammy efforts
Very proud of our Sammy efforts
Saturday morning we had the fun Pickle-hunt and eventually found her up on the balcony making pancakes for Rosie for breakfast. We heated them up for her and she ate about half of them. The snow from the previous day had just about stuck around outside so after breakfast Rosie was outside while I did a few things and when I went out to play with her I found she had made a little snowman just by the front porch - how creative is that! It was very icy indeed so it took some care to walk over however Rosie and I then got stuck in to our very important task of building a Sammy out of what little snow there was. It took some effort, and we had to gather snow from all over the front lawn, but we did it and I'm not sure who was more excited, me or Rosie.
Rosie surveying the task ahead of us
Rosie surveying the task ahead of us
Once we finished working
Once we finished working
Can you spot Rosie
Can you spot Rosie
Doing some colouring in together
Doing some colouring in together
The rest of the day was awesome as well. Rosie and I put lots and lots of effort into tidying the top corridor and Rosie was a really huge help as we moved lots and lots of boxes up into the roof for me to tidy later. It made a massive difference indeed. After that we played some hide and seek and did some drawing and generally just had a lovely day. 
Such a lovely sunrise this morning
Such a lovely sunrise this morning
Wracking up the minis on the storage
Wracking up the minis on the storage
Rosie watching the train run round and round
Rosie watching the train run round and round
Sammy is still hanging on
Sammy is still hanging on
Sunday we had a lovely sunrise which I took lots of pictures of while working on my vlog and then it was game time for us. I also spent time tidying all the boxes of miniatures and other stuff that we'd moved up into the roof the day before. I actually, during the day, managed to get everything tidied away which I did not expect to achieve. I was doing a few bits of my own stuff during the day but I did get time with Rosie as I found her laying down watching the Christmas Tree Train going around, and later on we did some swinging and checked out how Sammy was doing - it had been a sunny and warm day so she was a little melted but we put the face back on for a picture. My old friend arrived as well to drop some gifts for Rosie and have a coffee, which was really nice.
It's quite difficult working back here
It's quite difficult working back here
Unloading more materials
Unloading more materials
Bekir getting stuff done while he waits
Bekir getting stuff done while he waits
More working in cramped conditions
More working in cramped conditions
Turning the corner
Turning the corner
Now finally able to stand up
Now finally able to stand up
And so to today. I wasn't all that well this morning but a bit more sleep sorted me out. By the time I emerged the men were already at it working in the low ceiling area to finish the walls. They ran out of materials so had to drop down to the shop again and then a bit later while waiting for a mix to soak the water in Bekir picked up a rake and they removed loads of stones and rubble and old grass from the little patch by the old table tennis table. It was then lots of effort in working in a tight space which was making it slower but before the end of the day they reached the taller ceiling and things sped up. Hopefully tomorrow they'll get this part done.
Rosie next to the remains of Sammy
Rosie next to the remains of Sammy
I'll leave you with a picture of Sammy as of just after school today, as Rosie and I were on our way down to swing again. She's hanging in there! Just about.

So there it is. I'm so pleased we got just enough snow for me and Rosie to have fun building a Sammy Snowman. It has made my year! Thanks for reading, we'll be back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment