Thursday 3 June 2021

Another day on the patio work

Today has been busy with work and I've also been low on energy after the vaccine so it'll be a shorter update. Here goes.

The digging goes ever on
The digging goes ever on
Rosie's garden is assembled
Rosie's garden is assembled
Angela filling it with soil
Angela filling it with soil
Final trench nearly done
Final trench nearly done
More prep for the drainage
More prep for the drainage

The work for Bekir and Halil today was more drainage trenches, and then positioning the pipes to go through the wall correctly. Angela was feeling a lot brighter today after a week or being wiped after the vaccine and she got out in the garden with much joy. She finished off Rosie's flower garden, including shoveling the soil in, and also made some progress on another planter that I don't have a picture of. She was so happy to be outside! The men cracked on all day, heading to the shop to pick some stuff up in Halil's car as I was so busy I couldn't get out. They finished the trenches for now; next up will be preparing for at least half the cement to be poured by trucks. It probably won't be until next week as tomorrow will be all about shuttering and placing the metal grid down.

I told you it would be short. As I was exhausted after my day I had a lovely time with Rosie while Angela cooked with Rosie playing with so much imagination and me getting involved enough to encourage but not trying to take over - it was such a joy for me. Thanks for reading this short update.

No comments:

Post a Comment