Wednesday 2 June 2021

Drainage and Injections

 Today I got my vaccine done, which pretty much knocked me into bed for the day. I did get as many pictures as I could though to track progress so here goes.

Bekir measuring 4 metres
Bekir measuring 4 metres
The other end marked with a stick
The other end marked with a stick
Starting the first trench
Starting the first trench
Drilling the first drain pipe hole
Drilling the first drain pipe hole
Bekir on the breaker
Bekir on the breaker
Halil's turn
Halil's turn
End of the day
End of the day

I dropped Rosie at school and went straight to the clinic where I waited for quite a while before finally the nurse beckoned me and another chap in and we both sat down, had the jab, and were kicked out. I read for 15 minutes sat in the sun in the hospital gardens and then drove home to find the Bekir and Halil were working away on the patio. The task today was to fit the drains and after some conversation about positioning (and me explaining my early thoughts for the pump house which meshed perfectly with his plans) I headed inside to rest while they got stuck in. Bekir measured out the location of each run and then marked it with wood; those slabs stacked up there had to be moved and Halil did this, shifting them over to the Green Building. With the six drainage runs marked out they began digging the trench and then Bekir drilled through the wall where the pipe will protrude. Later on we will have flower beds here and these drains will work well to keep them watered. The next channel ran down over the top of the old platform put in for the small swimming pool and it took a lot of effort for Bekir and Halil to remove it; they were both at it with the big breaker but they did get through and the second channel is dug. It is very exciting to see this progress.

Filthy Thelma
Filthy Thelma
In the bath
In the bath
Overcast and threatening
Overcast and threatening

At some point during the day Thelma rolled in so much shit and made herself filthy so after Rosie's bath and bedtime we took her and Louise and bathed them both, which they did NOT like but at least they don't stink any more. They will be being tick treated soon as well. The weather today was sunny and then clouded over but no rain, thankfully.

So now it is time for me to go and get an early night. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment