Tuesday 21 March 2023

Bird netting and deliveries

Today has been another busy busy day for me; I didn't actually get outside to take any pictures all morning until just before lunch time.
Battens on the outside of the mesh now
Battens on the outside of the mesh now
Round the corner and looking secure
Round the corner and looking secure
Transplanting some pear cuttings
Transplanting some pear cuttings
Lots of lovely flowers in Angela's garden
Lots of lovely flowers in Angela's garden
Unloading a roll of carpet
Unloading a roll of carpet
Bekir fitting the netting to the roof
Bekir fitting the netting to the roof
Before they came here Bekir and Halil met Angela at our friend's house to do a few bits and pieces so they were quite late arriving here. They then suggested, and I fully agreed, that they should batten the side mesh on with a strip of wood outside to prevent it billowing and pulling away from its staples so they headed down to pick up some thin strips to complete this. It did not take long once they got back to fit these and it is now very secure. At some point today Bekir also did some more fruit tree transplanting this time putting some pear cuttings into some saplings along the back bank. Halil also pointed out to me that Angela's little flower garden with lots of bulbs is also coming along very nicely; we need to move the blocks that are stacked here preventing light from getting to them! Towards the end of the day we had two deliveries almost at the same time. First the chests of drawers I'd ordered arrived and then the carpet for the attic however this turned out to be quite a drama as I'd forgotten to add the skirting board to the order so we had some discussion whether it was missing from the truck before I checked my order. I've placed that extra order now though. With all the unloading done the men got back to the bird netting and we agreed a plan for the roof which they have been cracking on with. We're nearly finished with this little side task now.
Rosie having fun making sandcastles
Rosie having fun making sandcastles
The stones that I need to clear
The stones that I need to clear
"Look at how strong I am!"
"Look at how strong I am!"
Tiny little preying mantis on a stone
Tiny little preying mantis on a stone
Hanging out at the top of the bank
Hanging out at the top of the bank
After work, and when Rosie got back from school, I headed outside to have some time with her and do some tasks I've been wanting to get stuck into for a few days. Rosie made sandcastles and I helped her in between loading up the wheelbarrow with stones from above the chicken run to put into our waste pile. After a bit Rosie decided she wanted to help which was great other than she asked be to pushed back up the hill while sat in the barrow so no rest for me. We saw a tiny preying mantis and also lots of spiders and got loads done. We even had time to sit up on Grandma's Seat at the top of the top bank and chill for a bit before dinner.
The return of the Stork
The return of the Stork
The last picture for now is one Angela took on her way back from collecting Rosie - the stork is back in the village below us; Spring has officially Sprung!

So there you are; a busy and productive and fun day. Thanks for reading and back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment