Thursday 5 September 2013

Itchy feet

Maybe it is because I am thinking so much about Bulgaria at the moment, maybe it's just because I can be an impatient sort, but right now I have substantially itchy feet.

I want it to be March 9th 2014 already.

Waiting...............
Waiting...............
Today I went through the pile of packing materials and boxes in the corner of my bedroom to tidy them up. I did achieve separating out the different types of packing material (tissue paper / packing paper / padded envelopes (very useful for keeping screws for furniture in, not that I'll have much use for that) / bubble wrap and last but not least packing peanuts) but my attempt to leave the stack in a smaller space failed and it actually ended up taking more space.

I wish I was filling those boxes with things right now... every action taking me closer to the moment I leave this country and embark on the next challenge.

The frustration with the roof can't be helping, I don't think. I feel that every day is a wasted day at the moment and you can't get these days back, can you??

The onward path
The onward path
I suppose the changes in my life over the last couple of months (covered elsewhere in this blog) and the fact that I am keeping my own company more and more are also making me ready for the challenge of being entirely self reliant and having the massive challenge of renovating the school right in front of me.

I'm also incredibly jealous of Dom's lovely other half who is currently ensconced in Bulgaria, having reviewed progress on a roof being put on their house. Oh it's just not fair that she is able to be there and I'm stuck here.

Finally, it appears that "Bulgarian Time" is following me even to the UK. Julian, who has been with my mechanic for over a week now, is still not ready and hasn't even had any work started on him. "I've been busy" is not an excuse when I am paying you to do the work! I have to have him back for this weekend as I'm going for my first long-ish road trip (camping with my dad - another "last" to be ticked off) and I have been promised that the very least they will do is oil change and new tyres. I would like it if they did the oil leak and the heater matrix but it seems the lesson I am being taught by everything and everyone is "patience is a virtue".

Anyway, this is going to be a short post as I really am not fond of putting too much negative feeling out there.

Here's to 186 days flying past with lots of positive energy and ideas, and less of the blah which has settled over me this evening.
I am determined to be positive
I am determined to be positive

6 comments:

  1. Once you are installed and you have all that lovely space to play with you'll find that there is much you can do all by yourself. Building work? Basic mechanics? How hard can it be? After all... these jobs are not done by brain surgeons. You'll soon be Jack (and master) of many skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't wish your life away :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't want to. I want to spend NOW over there :)

      Delete
    2. Come on,come on, come on.... where's today's entry?

      Getting withdrawal symptoms here!

      Delete
  3. Just came across the blog last night having seen you mention it several times on Twitter, and I'm well and truly hooked!

    I started right from the beginning and have read the whole thing in less than a day! You rival even Breaking Bad in creating that sense of 'I-want-to-know-now-what-happens-next'! Gutted I'll have to wait a day for each new post now! :)

    Anyway, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you so much for your kind words :)

      I am learning so much, and having such good interaction with readers, it will only help to ensure my efforts end with success :)

      I am really pleased you have enjoyed reading it.

      Delete