Tuesday 23 September 2014

Loads of rushing around

What a day, and it isn't even done yet. I'm sat here late afternoon as I know I won't get a chance to write the blog post later, and I've rushed and rushed all day long.

Really early morning panorama
Really early morning panorama
After my late post last night we stayed up a little longer before heading through to bed and I remembered again to go stand out to look at the stars. The milky way was visible last night and it was a lovely quiet night but sadly I couldn't stand there all night so it was in to bed and then we remembered that none of the doors were locked so it was one each and finally settling to sleep. I slept pretty well but with how dark it is now in the mornings it was a real struggle again to want to wake up. No matter I actually got up at the same time as A today (normally I'm a few minutes behind) and I got the camera out on the balcony to capture the early morning glow. It was actually more yellow than this but that disappeared in the time it took me to get the camera from Room 13.

The sun breaking through
The sun breaking through
The first cup of tea went down super well and once it was dead I went and fed Sassy (food dumped straight away again) then went to do my morning chores. The first of these was to empty the horrible kitchen waste box which is stinking and the two full humanure buckets. This was completed really quite quickly as always but there were a couple of splashes this time (which hasn't happened before) so I went straight into the shower where first I found the shower gel was still upstairs and then after I finished that there were no towels there. Oh well. I sorted both things out and felt really refreshed. I did the washing up then headed outside with my man bag to do some harvesting. The sun was fully up by now and feeling warm.

Rosehip harvest
Rosehip harvest
My harvest today was wholly Rosehips as they are getting very red and some are starting to get over ripe. I made me way around the land and I was stood in the hidden corner (Ralf with me) when A got back with the men. After the gate was shut I let Ralf go and he legged it after Thomas to see A. She wasn't sure where I was though and my shouts didn't alert her so I finished up there and went inside to see her. I then went back out to finish the harvest and my friend arrived for her trip to town with A while I was there. By the time I got back inside they had left leaving me to have a small bite of breakfast in the form of homemade jam on toast, and to get started on my paid work.

My friend sewing guest room curtains
My friend sewing guest room curtains
I was so deep into my paid work when they returned that I found it hard to speak English and I'm sure I appeared rather strange - stranger even than normal, to my friend and to A. It is tough moving from code land to real land especially when you are as deep in the computer as I was. The shopping trip had been to get material for curtains that would be long enough for the guest room as well as lots more power extension leads so we can guarantee the guests at least one night light. A full success was achieved however no hooks were bought so that went onto my list for later.

The weather forecast for today was for storms and lots of rain. I had considered the alternative tasks inside in case the worst happened, and was very glad I got the humanure done early as I have never any desire to carry that task out in the rain. As of this time the storm had not materialised and it had been a lovely day with warm sunshine. I knew I had to go out with Bekir at some point as we needed to get some alternative quotes for the apex tiles but I waited a bit in case a cloud I had seen heading this way dumped rain. It didn't and five minutes after there was gorgeous sunshine again so I just bit the bullet and we went out. Our first stop was the builder's yard down the hill and the price there was so good we just said "yes" and decided to not trawl around other yards. I also had to get the hooks for the curtain, however, and also one of the wheels on the trolley had got a puncture so we dropped that off at the garage, then went past four or five shops and market stalls but couldn't find a single place selling what I wanted. I picked up their alternative to show my friend and we went back to the house.

The storm which just missed us
The storm which just missed us
I didn't stop long, just enough time to get a couple of sandwiches and find out that I had bought totally the wrong type of hook so I would have to go to the main town after all. I headed down the hill, got a green rug for the guest room from the market, picked up the wheel (where I was quizzed by a passer by as to what such a small wheel could be used for) and then on to the shop. A friendly assistant helped me locate the items I needed and then I was pleased to see they have started stocking pet supplies and had some of the metal bowls that I have been looking for that Rambo (hopefully) can't bite through. The threatened rain had hit while I was driving around but had blown past already on the way back and the road was literally steaming as the sun shone again. There was a stunning black cloud drifting away but no camera with me so I dashed onto the balcony and caught the glimpse of it in the distance.

Really awesome picture of a distant storm
Really awesome picture of a distant storm
The new hooks were the correct ones so at least I did that right, and the rug went straight down into the room and looked great. I had a quick drink of water and then it was time for me to return again to town to meet up with S and S for an appointment. As I was going down the hill the storm blowing across in the distance was so dramatic I stopped (camera with me this time) and snapped a picture. The appointment didn't take too long and was interesting and after a short chat I headed back home to continue paid work.

Curtains up (and blowing in the wind)
Curtains up (and blowing in the wind)
I took a bit of a break in this to put up the curtains in the guest room and then take the loaned curtains and put them up on our internal bedroom window. It was a little hassle moving the bed as the frame is very heavy (I got Orhan to help me lift it back) but I think that room now looks awesome. I just need to put power in and a bedside table with the lamp and we're done. The angle which the internal window curtain is at indicates that while we may not be getting the promised (threatened?) 20mm of rain today there is a gale blowing outside.

The reactions of the men to me popping through a hole in the roof
The reactions of the men to me popping through a hole in the roof
And so I've finished the blog while it is still sunlight outside but I have stuff now to do before taking the men (slightly early) so I can get back in time to eat before heading out to the airport. I am super excited about seeing my mate and his mrs. First of all, though, I need to get the back on Thomas so I can put their luggage in there as they would be squashed up otherwise. I'd better get on.

No comments:

Post a Comment