Friday 26 September 2014

Miserable day

Today has been a miserable day. Not in terms of how we have been but the weather has just been awful. Because of this there are few good pictures and it will also be a short blog post. I bet you are all relieved to hear that.

A lovely way to end a lovely evening
A lovely way to end a lovely evening
Going back to last night, after I published the blog (and thank you for so many reading it) myself, Cjc and Fi stayed up until the alcohol had been drunk, listening to music and relaxing until just about midnight when we called it a day and headed to bed. A was fully fast asleep by this time and we had an uninterrupted nights sleep.

Fully cocooned and sleeping soundly
Fully cocooned and sleeping soundly
Once again I was first to wake up and get out of bed so I went to put the brews on and A almost got hers brought to the bedroom but she appeared at the door of Room 13 just as I was about to take it to her. We were both really tired and I didn't do much after this and when A left to get the men I headed back to bed and dozed until I was woken by banging on the roof as they got started for the day. I had woken up really needing a cup of tea so when A got into bed to sleep I stayed a short while then headed out to brew up.

Set in for the day
Set in for the day
Cjc was awake already so I made him a brew as well and then I headed back out onto the balcony as the night had finally gone and it was, apparently, day time though it was still miserable and dark and horrible. As I was stood on the balcony it started to spit with rain and from that point to now it has not stopped once.

Sally's feet poking over the edge
Sally's feet poking over the edge
The men started their day off bashing and hammering and drilling away and they did pretty well until about 10.30 when it started really hammering down. I made them a brew and said "if it is too wet to work up here, you can do the electric?" and left them to it. A short while later Bekir came down and said that they were going to go home and would see us Monday. I didn't argue, though it would have been ideal to have the rest of the day devoted to get electric into the roof space but they were cold and focused on the roof. A took them home as I was waiting for a call from work which arrived eventually through a confusion of dropped connections and network issues.

Two ways of resting
Two ways of resting
The rest of the morning was spent with me working and then trying to sort out contract work for when I return and each of us (apart from Cjc) heading back to bed to sleep. I'd lit the petchka and just about managed to keep it alight through the morning which meant Room 13 was warm and comfortable in stark contrast to the cold and damp everywhere else. Ralf did his usual of wanting lots of attention and then sleeping, this time on Cjc's feet once again.

Much sleeping going on
Much sleeping going on
I told you this was a short blog and this is the last picture that I have to share with you at the time of writing. The rest of the day has however been really enjoyable. We had a bite of lunch then headed over to my friend's house for the afternoon where tea, coffee and some wine was drunk, much fun conversation was had, and Cjc and Fi got to see around her house which Bekir and Sally have made so lovely. We stopped a little longer than I planned but it was such a lovely time. On the way back we stopped at the shops and bought a chicken to roast. Ralf was extra super excited to see us but now he is laid in his bed - not quite like this picture (which was taken before we went out) but still. He's a good dog.

So it is early but I am going to publish this short blog and I'll record the end of the day (if anything interesting happens) in the post tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. That my friend has made super lovely with the help of Bekir and Sally....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cushions always help to make things super lovely :D

    ReplyDelete