Tuesday 16 June 2020

Another day passes

Today has been an unremarkable day really, except I've just received my contract to review and sign so I'm employed again. Yay. Of course now I've spent about two hours of my evening doing admin and am late starting this; a necessary sacrifice I think.

Clouds over the back
Clouds over the back
An imposing thunder cloud builds
An imposing thunder cloud builds
And then spreads
And then spreads
First of all a couple of photographs of the impressive clouds from yesterday evening. It has been rumbling around again however no rain since yesterday now.

Sally begins the day up the scaffold
Sally begins the day up the scaffold
Bekir sharpens the saw blade
Bekir sharpens the saw blade
Hugulkultur weeded
Hugulkultur weeded
Bekir does a bit more welding
Bekir does a bit more welding
Sally up the big ladder
Sally up the big ladder
Bekir's contortions
Bekir's contortions
Final rib for the day
Final rib for the day
It's going to be a low word count today as I am now pretty tired. The men were a little late as expected today as they had to go pay for supplies; actually they were earlier than I thought they'd be so that was good. Sally spent the whole of the morning, and most of the afternoon, up ladders painting the last of the steel work while Bekir was working with Halil a lot on the wooden beams. He had to mend the saw and later on I caught them sharpening a metal drill bit - I've told them to just buy ten cheap bits and throw them away rather than waste time sharpening them now. One thing was funny, though; Rosie turned the power off to the balcony while Bekir was welding which caused confusion then amusement. Sally did finish the painting and got to helping Bekir and now we're half way done on the first wooden ribs. Progress, if a little less visible, but good progress none the less. We managed to get into the garden this morning and I weeded the hugulkultur and spuds while Angela was weeding some of the raised beds.

Just spotted the grasshopper
Just spotted the grasshopper
There it is
There it is
A hairy caterpillar
A hairy caterpillar


At the end of the day I got to do the cooking while Angela spent time with Rosie outside and did a bit more weeding. They found a grasshopper which Rosie was fascinated by. After dinner I then got to take Rosie outside while Angela rested and we had a lovely time with her climbing everywhere, finding caterpillars and also listening to a big thunderhead that was rumbling but didn't end up reaching us at all.

So there you are; I've managed to complete that and I'm now going to go to sleep.

Relief is exhausting.

No comments:

Post a Comment