Monday 8 June 2020

Weekend and back to it

Once more back to it, after a good weekend indeed. I'm late starting so gonna crack on.

Moon rise over the hills from Room 13
Moon rise over the hills from Room 13
Teeny tiny grasshopper
Teeny tiny grasshopper
Strimmed and cleared some of the mess here
Strimmed and cleared some of the mess here
Sunday sunrise
Sunday sunrise
Sunday stroll
Sunday stroll
At the restaurant looking at the river
At the restaurant looking at the river



There's a path visible again
There's a path visible again
First of all, the moonrise from Friday night and what a stunning view it really was. I shot this while on a regular Friday group call with some UK based friends. I cannot really remember the weekend clearly however I know I spent a lot of time with Rosie and also finally got to do some clearing of the front path which is now half looking much better. I had a great Skype call with my mum and sister as well. Sunday I was up early and then looked after Rosie and she wanted on the top bank so we spent some lovely time up there in the warm sun sitting on the little bench. We also had our first properly grazed knees, and on Sunday met some friends for lunch at a local restaurant which was very nice indeed. In the afternoon I slept on the swinging chair in the sun on the balcony and then in the evening we played sticks with Thelma and Louise. It was, all in, a very nice weekend.

Glorious morning
Glorious morning
Bekir getting stuck in to welding again
Bekir getting stuck in to welding again
The big ladder is out again
The big ladder is out again
End of the day, all but complete
End of the day, all but complete
Meet Titan
Meet Titan
Titan is a big spider
Titan is a big spider
And so to today. There's not all that much to say other than I did have a quiet word with the men about being late so we'll see what happens tomorrow. We also bought more steel (need to pay for it still actually) and through the day lots of progress was made and we're to the complex part now of joining the new roof successfully to the old. I had to think this through and really struggled so I hope our solution will work. I also got two offers for employment which is great, and I think I've decided which to accept. It takes a weight off for sure. Just now while I was writing this blog post Angela called me down to see a huge spider outside the kitchen window. I'm hoping to get better pictures tomorrow.

Cheers for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Your conservatory? is looking good, though someones got a sand down and paint job at the end of it i`m thinking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes, basically. We have had a big problem with water leaking into the rooms below (the people who did the tiling damaged the waterproofing as they worked) and so we had to either lift the tiles and relay, or do what we've done which will make it more useable (fly screens in the summer, glass in the winter) :)

      Yes - we'll be painting it all I think.

      Delete