Monday 22 June 2020

Weekend and a huge stormy day

Hey we are back and it's been a weekend of lovely sun and then huge crazy storms. I'm later starting than I planned, and Monday's updates are always longer, so here goes. Onwards. Got a load of videos this time round (if you can't find them if you're reading on mobile I've heard that blogger has a problem displaying the videos so you can go to my YouTube channel here, where I host them, and see them direct if you wish).

A nice morning view
A nice morning view


Rosie filling the pool
Rosie filling the pool
Saved this bee. Twice
Saved this bee. Twice
Tiny pretty flower on the lawn
Tiny pretty flower on the lawn
In the pool with Rosie
In the pool with Rosie
Ready for gaming
Ready for gaming



Saturday dawned bright and lovely with fog in the valley and bright sunshine. The sun was warm enough that it heated the metal column which then caused the puddle at its base to bubble. Check the video out. Angela headed to the shops which left me to get the paddling pool out with Rosie and fill it up with water. I saved a bee, the same one I think, from the pool twice while we were out there and it was a great time. Rosie started waving at Angela as soon as her car turned the corner at the top of our lane, bless her. We then had a lovely call with my mum and sister before I got set up for a game via webcam with my mate. Just as we got started on it a huge storm blew in from nowhere and the power went out for ages. The storm went right over head and was dramatic indeed. Two videos from that up above. It passed eventually, the power came back, and I finished my video call though we'll be trying again next weekend. All in all it was a good day.

Clouds build behind the school
Clouds build behind the school
Little Lady and Rosie at the table
Little Lady and Rosie at the table
Sunday I was not feeling well - just non specifically run down so after the early shift with Rosie I went back to bed, then did what I could then rested again. I was outside with Rosie a lot in the afternoon and she was in the pool again loving it; we did have to clean it a bit from the rain the previous day. A storm was threatening and it got cold and breezy just before dinner but it never hit and after eating we headed to the neighbours where Rosie showed off how she can sit at a table and draw on paper. Very clever girl.

Bekir and Sally fitting the final planks
Bekir and Sally fitting the final planks
Halil sweeps up the mess
Halil sweeps up the mess
Looking at the gap
Looking at the gap
Enjoying the new shady balcony
Enjoying the new shady balcony
Delivery of guttering
Delivery of guttering
This storm turned into a monster
This storm turned into a monster
And so to today. It was a cold start to the day, very overcast, but that did burn off eventually. The men were late and headed out to finish up the planking they had left before spending time working on the gap underneath the eaves there while Halil swept the whole balcony clean. I went down to town with Bekir and Rosie to order the guttering and some other bits and pieces which was a nice trip and then I was back to trying to get my head into software development again after the break as I may well be working very soon indeed. At lunch time we went to the balcony for some air which was great; it was hot outside now but cooler in the shade. Perfect. After lunch the delivery arrived and was quickly unloaded and then the weather started changing.



Starting to fit the wooden banister tops
Starting to fit the wooden banister tops
Grinding inside. Ouch
Grinding inside. Ouch
Rosie watches the men
Rosie watches the men
What a storm it was. I had to go to town and when I left Sally and Halil were painting the new decorative roof boards on the driveway. As I approached the large town I drove through some small showers but by the time I got out the bank and to the final shop of my trip it was hammering down and it only got worse as I got closer to home. I could see the lightning striking the ridge that we live on. Incredible to watch from a distance but even more intense in the middle of it. I waited a bit at the gate then got soaked, with hail and rain, getting through the gate and even though I parked Thomas right next to the front door I was dripping wet. I shot up to the balcony to get more video. The men were huddled in the garage having coffee and after that break they did what more staining they could on the wood before asking for another, inside, job. Of course the weather then broken and by the time they left, after fixing the gap behind the toilet downstairs (and toad had jumped out at Angela yesterday) and nearly completed the wooden rails on the stairs, it was blue sky and sunshine again. Once more we went to the neighbours but the whole family was there this time which was lovely.

So there you are; I got there. I hope you've enjoyed reading and I'll be back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment