Thursday 25 June 2020

Bits and Pieces

Today has been a bits and pieces kind of day and I'm late starting as we went out for our tea. Onwards, while I have the energy! Today is a day I was very tempted to leave the blog unwritten :D

Lovely foggy start to the day
Lovely foggy start to the day
Bekir grinding off the end of the beam
Bekir grinding off the end of the beam
Sally shaping a plug
Sally shaping a plug
Bekir hammering it home
Bekir hammering it home


Rosie waves as Bekir comes to see her
Rosie waves as Bekir comes to see her
Showing Rosie the huge ladder
Showing Rosie the huge ladder

I was up early with Rosie, earlier than I wished, but she was in good enough form early on. It was a foggy start that rolled in but then burned off quickly again when the men were here. They were picking up the last bits of the roof today, firstly making some wooden plugs for the ends of the big beams so they could easily fix the decorative boards along that edge. Angela took Rosie into the pool first thing while I did some hobbying then it was my turn to look after her and after milk we spent time on the balcony and Bekir borrowed her (so did Halil actually) and she ran around enjoying seeing everything.

The balcony panoramic view
The balcony panoramic view

This next picture does deserve a paragraph all on its own. Today I sat there with Rosie, and then later Angela and I both sat there with Rosie, over lunch, and I want to say that while I was a little nervous that this addition would detract from the balcony it really hasn't; it's just so lovely, a really really good job. I'm very pleased indeed!

Touching up scratches in the paint
Touching up scratches in the paint
Securing the beams inside the roof
Securing the beams inside the roof
Cement mix
Cement mix

The men were now done on the actually balcony roof and so I went with Bekir to pick up more cement and then this was mixed and, after some welding was done to really reinforce the beams going into the roof space, to fill the gaps in the wall. The roof is now fully secure. Tomorrow there'll be a little tidying to do there and then the downpipes will go on the balcony, some more finishing is to be done like the damage to our bedroom wall, and then it's on to the next job before the roof tiles are ordered and fitted. At the end of the day, before we went out, we were delayed a bit by the borehole man coming to have a look and give a quote. Now we have to think about if and when we're going to have one. While we were waiting I saw an ant dragging some dinner along - they are incredible huh.

Out for a family meal
Out for a family meal

So to this evening. We went out to celebrate my new job and had a lovely meal at a favourite destination. Rosie was full of beans and prompted a lot of smiles, even from some teenage girls there on a birthday party. It was a great time and we should really get out more often like that.

There you are; blog done. I'll see you all tomorrow - thanks for reading.

3 comments:

  1. Looking good, you might want to think about cladding the metal pillars with some decorative stone when your done?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely huh; I'm not sure whether we'll clad them or just leave them and keep them painted black - I quite like how they look at the moment :)

      Delete
    2. Its your baby good luck with it all. Regards.

      Delete