Friday 24 June 2022

An awesome end to the week

Today has been a really awesome day as you're about to find out; let's get to it.

Fire and cloud sunset
Fire and cloud sunset
Calm start to the day
Calm start to the day
Getting to work on the chain link
Getting to work on the chain link
Joining two sections together
Joining two sections together
Louise loving the sun
Louise loving the sun

Last night the sunset was lovely and this morning the fog in the valley was also beautiful. After the storms of yesterday the forecast sunny day was looking promising. The men were in on time and got started with the chain link fence, a task that went quite fast but was still quite fiddly as there was a lot of twisting of wire to hold it in place. One time I was outside to get pictures Louise came with me and found a sunny spot on the sand pit as she likes to do. Angela was out for a lot of the morning getting some pool repair kits, pool chemicals and also a new monitor for her desk and this took far longer than we hoped.

The tree frog says hello
The tree frog says hello
On with the fencing
On with the fencing
Almost all the fence is hung
Almost all the fence is hung

We took the cover off the pool mid-morning and I once again found the tree frog on the side of the pool. I was taking pictures of it while it watched me very closely then, just after I took this picture, it leapt over and landed on my phone! I put it to safety again. The men just cracked on all afternoon and got very nearly the entire fence hung which is awesome. After work I pulled Mo out and managed to get the last section of lawn mowed down nicely so that was a relief.

In the pool and LOVING it!
In the pool and LOVING it!


Well lit BBQ ready for meat
Well lit BBQ ready for meat
Rosie drawing while I'm cooking
Rosie drawing while I'm cooking
Meat cooking on the BBQ
Meat cooking on the BBQ

When Rosie got back from school we were ready to get into the pool and she got herself changed while I did a last few things and then in the pool we got. It was plenty cold but we stayed in for a lovely long time with her getting more and more confident and floating around really nicely. It was so awesome to get back in! After getting out and drying off we went to the balcony where Angela had lit the BBQ and while Rosie drew I cooked the meat. We also saw a Golden Oriole flying across the patio which is very rare to see; I was so pleased Rosie got to see it.

So there you have it; a great way to end the week. I think we have no workmen on Monday so have a good weekend and see you on Tuesday. Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. That tree frog's face is priceless! lol

    ReplyDelete