Monday 20 June 2022

Mo to the car doctor, then more progress

Where is time flying to; it is crazy how quickly these weeks are whipping by. Anyway, Monday again so let's get to the weekend and then today.

Rosie insisted on this morning photograph
Rosie insisted on this morning photograph
Rosie bouncing high
Rosie bouncing high
She just loves any form of drawing
She just loves any form of drawing
Angela and Rosie take the scenic seats
Angela and Rosie take the scenic seats

Saturday was overcast but Rosie was insistent that I take a picture of the sky as she could see purples and blues and oranges in it and who am I to refuse. After some nice time outside we had a bit of bounce time then a bit of art time before I hitched Thomas up to the trailer and Rosie and I headed off to get him to the shop to get fixed. Angela and Rosie rode up to the top of the village in the trailer and she was bouncing around and loving it. The journey up was easy but then as I tried to reverse into the carpark at the shop not a single driver on the road would wait; sometime the people over here are so rude and it is almost always when they are behind the wheel of a car. I managed it eventually, left him for repair, and drove back. I was pretty exhausted but after a nice chat with my mum and sister we had some more time outside, then nap time and bed time shortly after; Rock and Roll!

Sat in the morning sun sieving sand. As you do
Sat in the morning sun sieving sand. As you do
Rosie back to drawing
Rosie back to drawing
More stuff from last week
More stuff from last week

Sunday I was super busy with my hobbying as I've a few deadlines for things coming up - first thing in the morning I sat out by the sand pile and sieved a load of sand (I use it for texture on my models) which was a super peaceful way to start the day with the birds singing and bees buzzing. Angela had Rosie for most of the day and they again went to the Fayre by Kaufland which was great fun. Later on while Angela was cooking I had fun with Rosie and she did a load more art time. Superb. I also found out that last week the men had built a column for beside the far gate which will have cement poured this week I reckon.

Making a start in the morning sun
Making a start in the morning sun
Starting to build the shuttering
Starting to build the shuttering
Front bit all done
Front bit all done
Removing the old post
Removing the old post
Filling in gaps by the pillars
Filling in gaps by the pillars
Halil trimming down the overgrowth
Halil trimming down the overgrowth
Cutting the leaves off
Cutting the leaves off

And so we get to today. It has been absolutely beautiful today, but very hot for outside working. The men basically spent today putting more shuttering up for the concrete that will be poured on top of the wall; Angela had the idea to put the bottom of the chain link inside the concrete which is a brilliant one so they are going to do the shuttering, then pour the concrete for the pillars, then mount the chain link and then do the rest of the pour. Very exciting times. On top of this Halil did a bit more scything and also trimmed down the walnut branches that I cut last week. It has been a hot and slow day but with how fiddly shuttering is, I'm pleased with progress.

Tadpoles in the water
Tadpoles in the water
So much cardboard to shred
So much cardboard to shred
Rosie drawing in her book
Rosie drawing in her book

Today Angela has been on a cleaning mission and has made a huge difference in the kitchen, library and lounge. It's amazing what you can do when you don't feel sick. While I was out with the men one time I spotted tadpoles in the water container and showed them to Rosie who was very excited indeed. After work while waiting for her to get home I was able to attack some of this huge pile of cardboard for shredding, a task I've been putting off for weeks as well. Finally Rosie did lots of drawing and stickers and painting before we had a lovely curry for dinner.

So there it is; this week is set to be a hot one so more of the sunshine shots to be expected. Thanks for reading, back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment