Tuesday 7 June 2022

Long weekend and back to it

I'm finally back after a longer weekend than expected, in many ways. This may be a longer update also so let's get to it.

A lovely view to wake up to
A lovely view to wake up to
Rosie helps taking the tent down
Rosie helps taking the tent down
On the machine at Kaufland
On the machine at Kaufland
Rosie watering the plants (or me?)
Rosie watering the plants (or me?)
A box to keep the hoses tidy and out the sun
A box to keep the hoses tidy and out the sun

It was awesome camping with Rosie however the wedding that I was worried about ended up being ridiculously loud (clearly it was an outdoor party) and kept us both awake until 11pm which was a shame. It didn't take away from Rosie's enjoyment, however, and once we were asleep we slept well. The next morning she helped me to take the tent down and pack it up and after waving Angela off to her art weekend we settled into more extended Daddy time. I had a few things I needed to pick up in town so we headed in and did our shopping, Rosie was allowed to go on the noisy machine at Kaufland which was great. We did the watering of the garden together and assembled one of the garden storage boxes bought that morning. It was a lovely day indeed.

Rosie heading down to help me
Rosie heading down to help me
Filling in the potholes
Filling in the potholes
Rosie bouncing high
Rosie bouncing high
She really enjoyed the truck train ride
She really enjoyed the truck train ride


About to set out on the Rollercoaster
About to set out on the Rollercoaster


Nice and shiny and clean
Nice and shiny and clean
Watering the garden this time
Watering the garden this time

On Sunday we were up and out just as the sun was rising to do a chore that I identified the day before. The stones by the front gate had become so churned up by stopping and starting on them that there were large dips that needed filling. Rosie and I went down with our tools and spent about half an hour or so spreading some gravel and stones over the bad patches and now it is much better. After this it was play time for a while before finally we headed into town to the fairground that was set up next to Kaufland. This was such a lovely time, Rosie had a great time on the rides she went on and the roundabout was suitably terrifying. When Rosie got off that she said "I was a little bit worried, Daddy". I washed Maisie with my new power washer and the neighbour came past to borrow the trailer and later on we did the watering but Rosie was starting to look quite peaky.

Very interesting cloud shapes
Very interesting cloud shapes
Wasps making a nest in the door hinge
Wasps making a nest in the door hinge
Rosie doing a painting
Rosie doing a painting
Watching the cycling while eating dinner
Watching the cycling while eating dinner
Some time for some games
Some time for some games

Yesterday dawned bright enough but very quickly clouds came over and the threatened heavy rain hit just before I bundled Rosie into the car to go to school. About an hour or so after I dropped her I had a call to come collect her as her cough was just too bad. I had to clear away a wasps nest in Thomas that I hadn't noticed first thing before collecting her and they weren't wrong; her cough was much worse. We spent a really nice day painting and drawing and she also was allowed to watch Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with a mid-way nap. Dinner was an easy one as I had been hoping to take her out for play ground and food but obviously she wasn't well enough. We did get to watch the cycling during our dinner however. After watering and chores we had time to play some board games before bed. Even though obviously she was a bit unwell it was a lovely day all round.

Beautiful orange sky
Beautiful orange sky
Sun breaks through the clouds
Sun breaks through the clouds
Rosie shows off her awesome art skills
Rosie shows off her awesome art skills
Rosie helping me at my desk
Rosie helping me at my desk
Stood on the roof terrace having a look
Stood on the roof terrace having a look

And so finally we reach today. Angela was coming home a little earlier than planned so I could get back to work today but before that Rosie and I had the morning to contend with. Rosie woke me earlier and we were up in time to watch the sunrise, which she demanded I take a picture of. It was forecast to be a nicer day today but not over hot and that has turned out to be true. Before even the men arrived Rosie had drawn some awesome faces on her whiteboard, helped me while I worked (she was sat on her chair next to me and I was even able to achieve quite a lot) and then we took a stroll up on the roof terrace which was glorious indeed.

Halil removing old nails and keeping them safe
Halil removing old nails and keeping them safe
Bekir sorts the planks
Bekir sorts the planks
The top blocks are started
The top blocks are started
Filling in the sides of the foundations
Filling in the sides of the foundations
First Sunflower shows its face
First Sunflower shows its face
Rosie found a wildflower she liked
Rosie found a wildflower she liked

The men were in yesterday, very briefly, but headed home as the weather looked so bad (I think in the end they could have stayed but it was not very promising so I'm not sad they didn't). Today they were in and cracking on making more great progress. First of all they spent some time finishing up tidying the wood and nails scattered around from removing the shuttering. Then they laid the blocks over the top part of the wall and they did this so quickly I blinked and missed it. Finally they finished the day up filling in the gaps beside the final down part of the wall. They haven't quite got that fully done yet but they are close. Angela got home mid morning and was buried underneath the puppies who missed her incredibly. She had a lovely day with Rosie, who had also missed her, and I was able to get back to my desk properly to work. After work I spent more Rosie time while Angela cooked. We were very pleased to see the first sunflower of the year and Rosie also found a lovely wildflower she wanted me to photograph.

So there it is; a long update but it's been a fun weekend and Angela had a GREAT time while she was away so it is worth telling all. Thanks for reading, back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment