Friday 17 June 2022

Post erection

Early summer really is being lovely; today has been another glorious day all day.
A (pretty poorly taken) shot of a lovely sunset
A (pretty poorly taken) shot of a lovely sunset
Having balloon fun before school
Having balloon fun before school
Starting to line the posts up
Starting to line the posts up
Making sure it is upright
Making sure it is upright
Front fence progress
Front fence progress
Welding the post to the guide metal
Welding the post to the guide metal
Getting my strimmer action on
Getting my strimmer action on
The sunset last night was pretty special as well but I only had my phone on me so the picture is pretty rubbish sadly. This morning Rosie woke up full of beans and we had lots of play before it was school time. The men were in again nice and early and when I got back from dropping Rosie to school they were already welding the first of the fence posts to the support. I can pretty much say that they did this all day, and now have done every post so Monday will be shuttering for pouring the concrete. I think, actually, they may need to do some more blocks by the side of the duck pool, and one more fence post there, but that shouldn't take long. At lunch time I went to use Mo again but he blew loads of smoke. I checked the oil and it was a bit low so I left him until Angela could pick me some more oil up (which, being awesome, she did) and took the strimmer out to trim the areas that I can't do with the ride-on.
Rosie arriving home from school
Rosie arriving home from school
Mo ready to go to the car-doctor
Mo ready to go to the car-doctor
Rosie playing Pitch&Plakks again
Rosie playing Pitch&Plakks again
After school Rosie was still full of beans but when I went to check Mo again, put a little more oil in, and started him up he was still blowing smoke. Bekir got hold of the shop I bought it from and they said to run it in but as I went to mow it lost power and got very uneven. Not the best advice in the world; Halil smelled the oil dipstick and you could smell fuel in there. They helped me push him onto the trailer and tomorrow Rosie and I will have a road trip. Oh well. After that palaver I finally got to spend some time with Rosie and we playing Pitch&Plakks for a bit before dinner and cycling.

So there it is; here comes the weekend, back on Monday. Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Mad props for that post title mate!

    ReplyDelete