Monday 13 June 2022

Weekend and then a grind of a day

Here we are again, back at it with today being an absolutely glorious day, after the horrible weather on Friday and for the weekend.

Rosie did an awesome painting
Rosie did an awesome painting
Showing me how to play this game
Showing me how to play this game
Showing Angela how to play this game
Showing Angela how to play this game
First stamp in a puddle with the new boots
First stamp in a puddle with the new boots
Rosie holding our carrot harvest
Rosie holding our carrot harvest
Back to Pitch&Plakks again
Back to Pitch&Plakks again

The weekend was spent largely inside, due to the weather, and on Saturday Rosie was an awesome artist, then we played Pitch&Plakks which she loved and was pretty good at, better than me anyway. She even played it with Angela. She got some new boots on Sunday morning and took them for a splash on the way to harvest some carrots. Then it was time for my Pitch&Plakks. It was an "inside" weekend but not a bad one, and Angela did get some time in the art room so that is a huge bonus.

Hammering in something to attach the poles to
Hammering in something to attach the poles to
Measuring out for the uprights
Measuring out for the uprights
All the cutting going on
All the cutting going on
Welding the overhangs to the upright
Welding the overhangs to the upright
Looks good to me
Looks good to me

Today started off pretty badly; Angela had to go to the doctors (and this took far longer than it should have because of late running appointments) and I dropped Rosie down to school I was going to take Thomas but she asked for Maisie and it is a bit of a good thing she did as I found that there was quite a bad problem (I think) that required immediate attention. To cut a long story short after Bekir and Halil had got back from the shop with some more supplies I followed Halil down to a garage in Maisie and dropped her off. I've not yet heard back about her. I hope it isn't too expensive. The rest of the day was spent glued to my desk (for me) and with the men painstakingly drilling a hole and hammering an upright into each post section. With this done they cut the lengths for the uprights, both the 2m long straight and 40cm overhang inside and out. Bekir did one test piece to check and I think we're pretty happy with how it looks.

Rosie playing tug with the puppies
Rosie playing tug with the puppies
Rosie looking so coooool
Rosie looking so coooool

After school today I had some fun time outside with Rosie and she was playing with the puppies a lot. Then we went onto the balcony for a bounce on the trampoline and after dinner Angela and her had a lot of fun in the library with a huge balloon.

No comments:

Post a Comment