Friday 28 January 2022

Dust extraction done

Friday finally and time for the weekend. It's been another busy one today so I'm going to crack straight into it.
Moon in sunrise clouds
Moon in sunrise clouds
Thelma in one of her favourite spots
Thelma in one of her favourite spots
Morning snuggles
Morning snuggles
First thing this morning was a beautiful sunrise which coloured some high clouds red. The moon was still out and it was a great picture. Thelma had found a bed on my rocking chair while Angela and Rosie were getting cuddles from Xena and Louise.
The old mattress goes upstairs
The old mattress goes upstairs
Seedlings on the racking
Seedlings on the racking
The men were in and got stuck in to finishing off the dust extraction; early on Bekir called me down to demonstrate how what I was so insistent on wanting was completely wrong. Thankfully he caught it before doing any cutting and fitting but the new way meant they were short of pipe by about 60cm. We have new beds coming for the guest suite and so together Bekir, Halil and I lifted the old mattress, which weighed a huge amount, up into the roof space. Angela and Rosie were out in the garden today for the first time for ages which was awesome. They planted a load of stuff and repotted some stuff and also got a frame up to support the seedlings.
Bekir straightens more pipe
Bekir straightens more pipe
Beds delivery
Beds delivery
Struggling with the grate
Struggling with the grate
Supports for under-bench storage
Supports for under-bench storage
Bekir and Halil picked up the missing items and finished off the extraction pipes, though I don't have a picture of the final configuration so I'll get that next week. During lunch the two new beds arrived but I was on a call so Angela and Halil unloaded and stacked them. After lunch I helped Bekir and Halil lift them all up to the roof. The afternoon was slightly less productive as the men struggled to find material to use for the grate I want over the dust extraction channel. The thin wood was too warped and, as it happened, so was the thicker wood. Frustrating. They did manage to get supports in place for under bench storage, however.
Thelma snoozing on my leg
Thelma snoozing on my leg
I'll leave you with a picture of a very relaxed Thelma who joined Rosie and I for some book time after I finished work.

Thanks for reading; back Monday or maybe Tuesday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment