Tuesday 18 January 2022

Tiling

Today has been a super long day and I'm shattered now. Quick update for you all.

The moon setting over the hills behind us
The moon setting over the hills behind us
The sun about to rise from the other direction
The sun about to rise from the other direction
Rosie, Xena and Blue Monkey
Rosie, Xena and Blue Monkey

It was a beautiful start to the day, though I woke early as there was very high winds about 4am. I went onto the roof terrace to get a picture of the moon setting just as the sun was rising and then grabbed Rosie (who was playing very nicely with Xena) to come and see as the moon continued to set. She does love that!

Bekir starts the tiling
Bekir starts the tiling

As I say I had an incredibly busy day today and I actually only got two pictures of the men all day. They were tiling across on top of where the power for the island was going and, not having enough matching tiles, they had to go to the shops to try and get some that were close enough. I honestly don't care about what it looks like in here so much as I want the tiles to keep the dust down so it's fine that they aren't the same. While they were out they finally got the valves connected for the heater but Halil and I then found that it still doesn't work. Hopefully finally tomorrow we can get that fixed. By the end of the day all the tiling was complete, including the fiddly bits around the power boxes and also the edging up the walls. Tomorrow will be the work bench!

Sat with Rosie in the insurance office
Sat with Rosie in the insurance office
Rosie rides the top of the units in the trolley
Rosie rides the top of the units in the trolley

I collected Rosie from school and we went to renew the car insurance on Thomas and Betty, and also insure the trailer for the year. It took a whole lot longer in the office than expected due to some complexity with Thomas but Rosie was so good and the people there are really lovely. I only see them once a year but they know me and are always welcoming and friendly. Indeed I was remembering that it was the guy from the insurance who said "tuk li jiveya?" (do you live here?) very early on when I had moved and it was a really encouraging moment because I understood it! Anyway after insurance we headed to Kaufland to get more units and filled the trolley so much Rosie had to sit on top. It was an epic trip that lasted much longer than expected and hence now I am exhausted.

So there you are; I almost forgot to write this! Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment