Monday 24 January 2022

Sick weekend and Monday

We have all been struggling with this nasty cold over the weekend and it has been pretty tough going to be honest. I'm still not right even now so I'm going to try and get this done as quickly as possible so I can go to bed.

Rosie playing with Xena in the snow
Rosie playing with Xena in the snow
Rosie making footprints in the snow
Rosie making footprints in the snow
The fixed fence; a good job
The fixed fence; a good job
Rosie clapping the snow off her hands
Rosie clapping the snow off her hands
All that is left of Sammy Snowman
All that is left of Sammy Snowman

Saturday morning Rosie and I went out into the snow for a little while and had a lot of fun running around before it was time to head to town with Xena for her vets appointment. I did take the opportunity to finally check out the repair job the men had done on the fence and it's pretty good. Sammy has, however, disappeared finally. Poor Sammy. He'll be back.

Sunset over footprints
Sunset over footprints
Sun rise over snow
Sun rise over snow
Peaceful coexistence. Kinda
Peaceful coexistence. Kinda

The sun went down and then it came back up again on Sunday and it was very much a non-day for me. I did get to sit with Rosie, Thelma, Louise and Xena for a bit on the sofa while Angela planted a load of seeds and I also did a little hobby but I was in bed and asleep for 8.30 and I needed it!

Drilling to begin the cut
Drilling to begin the cut
Cutting carefully with the jigsaw
Cutting carefully with the jigsaw
Chiselling the step out
Chiselling the step out
Table saw fitting
Table saw fitting
Tablesaw in place
Tablesaw in place

And so to today and today was the day the Bekir and Halil fitted the tablesaw into the workbench. This involved measuring out the hole, then cutting it carefully with the jigsaw before smoothing with the router (no pictures of this) then a careful chisel to put the step in to fit it snugly into the bench. With this done it was lifted up into place and held there temporarily on some concrete blocks to check fit and finally a supporting scaffold was permanently fixed to the legs to hold it up. We even turned it on. Next they fitted two of the in-bench tape measures but I found I was short one of the most important ones, with a zero in the middle, so I have ordered one to my mum's house for her to bring next week from the UK.


Rosie has been off work today and I managed barely half a day myself. I'm feeling a lot less ill, though still very lacking energy, but hopefully Rosie will continue her recovery and I'll be better for work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment