Thursday 12 December 2013

Cost differential

Yesterday I went to the notary to get the Power of Attorney notarised and sent for the apostille before it is returned to the architect. The last time I gave Power of Attorney to an architect was Veselka and I did that in Bulgaria.

Signing my life away
Signing my life away
Hence the title of this blog.

It cost me about £7 to get that Power of Attorney done.

Yesterday it cost me over £200!

Costs are going in this direction...
Costs are going in this direction...
Just one little example of the difference in the cost of things between here and there.

Anyway at least this process is now moving forwards again. Additionally I've had my query about the contract answered and had an answer to why (even though the living area is actually 444 square meters) I am being charged for 640sqm of living space. This is a question with Veselka was not able to answer to me so already I'm in a better place.

They include the thickness of the walls as living space.

Yeah Boris, that's my feelings too...
Yeah Boris, that's my feelings too...
You gotta love that huh.

One other little update which has only just happened is I have just heard from the garage about Thomas and the news is not great. Long story short he has a cracked cylinder and the part alone is going to cost £500 + VAT. I've told Chris to just fix him; I'd lose far more cash than that if I were to scrap Thomas and anyway the fault is a known one (apparently) and the new cylinder head I am having fitted is altered from standard to stop this occurring again.

Poor Thomas :(
Poor Thomas :(
Wow, life gets expensive sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment