Tuesday 17 March 2015

Back to the grind

Hi, it's me; the not so serious and sane one!  I am taking charge of the blog from now until Himself gets back here with my kitchen fund, so bear with me whilst I settle into the routine of providing a blog daily!

So, where did he leave you last night?  Ah yes, we were heading out for dinner to our favourite restaurant!  We decided that as a celebration for getting Lucy back on the road and allowing me some form of transportation and everyone less worry on the whole that we would treat ourselves to a "last supper", so to speak.  After finishing our work and having a much needed wash and spruce up we headed off to the restaurant down by the river.  We do love it there and the food is just beautiful. The sun was setting as we left:

Sunset
Sunset
However, as we pulled into the driveway we were stopped by a man in a boiler suit waving his hands and pointing upwards.  It was at this point we realised that an electrical cable was being reattached to the pylon and therefore we had to wait for them to secure it before we could pass underneath - fair enough.

Brave men!
Brave men!
Looking across the car park at this time, we noticed that the restaurant was pretty much in total darkness and it looked like they had no power due to the cable being fixed but we eventually got waved through and trundled over to the main restaurant to have a look.  No lights, no electric and candles everywhere.  We decided there would be no better way to spend our last night together for a while than having a candle lit supper, so we carried on in and ordered a couple of beers and some food.

Himself thought you might like to see our romantic food, so here it is!  First is the zelana salata (sp). We have tried a few, but this is our favourite one.  I was very brave and I ordered something I had never tried before which was the Ramstek.  Basically it was beef braised in onions with a lovely rich gravy.  It was superb.  He had his usual, the Agne (lamb) Kavarma which is like a casserole type dish and comes out in a clay pot.  Anyway, there I am also with my beer and a full belly and looking rather pleased with myself.

Romantic
Romantic
Zelena salata
Zelena salata - green salad with egg and olives
Ramstek - beef with onions
Ramstek - beef with onions
Me, stuffed and food happy
Me, stuffed and food happy
 We came home and pretty much packed his case, double checked everything he needed was in there and went to bed, setting the alarm for 3.30 - the middle of the night!

And so it was morning, ish.  I have no photos of our trip to the bus station, but we were nice and early as usual and sat in the car for a final chat about things and then the bus arrived.  The bus driver did not hang around at all!  It was a case of throw your luggage in the back and jump in - and so that is what happened.  Before I knew it, he was gone.  Admittedly, I had to sit for five minutes before I could drive off again and I got myself and Lucy safely back up the hill.  It was a strange feeling to know he wouldn't be back again later.  The reality kicked in right about then.  The first thing I did was let Rambo out and that always makes me feel better.

I was supposed to go back to bed, but by that point I was wide awake and just thought I would get on with some work that I had been sent the night before and get it out of the way so that I could nip into town and stock up on some food again as it is set to freeze again this week.  I am so glad we got the petchka for the bedroom.  Before I left, i captured the first sunrise that I had to watch alone.  It was beautiful and a gorgeous start to the day.

Partial moon at sunrise
Partial moon at sunrise
Beautiful glow
Beautiful glow
 So off I went to the shops without a list - stupid!  Anyway, I picked up food and things that I wanted to help make me a little more comfortable.  I bought two PVC tablecloths to help keep the kitchen a little more hygienic, not that I am adverse to a few germs, but with the rats still around, I can really keep things clean now.  Pretty, huh?

PVC table cloth - pretty!
PVC table cloth - pretty!
I also spotted some flower seeds.  I have always said I would plant sunflowers ever since I saw the fields and fields of them last year, so there we have it, I will.  The Crysanths are lovely too and hopefully we can attract some bees, like He wanted.

Seeds!
Seeds!
As I was walking through the aisle I spotted some pencils.  I had a thought before I came back to Bulgaria that I would like to teach myself to sketch, so this is the start of another little hobby, if I ever get time to do it that is!

Artistic attempts
Artistic attempts
I got back from the shops just in time for work in the UK to be starting and I also managed to bring Lucy a little closer to the School which is much easier when trying to make my way through the mud and snow with shopping.  I forgot to get a picture though, so you will have to take my word for it.

The snow has started to really melt away and there is very little left on the land now and also in the surrounding area.  Here are a few photos just to prove it.  Rambo is most disgusted that it is melting though.  I often finding him standing there looking at the grass and wonder what goes through his head!

Top right bank - the silver birch survived also!
Top right bank - the silver birch survived also!
Top left bank
Top left bank
View from the balcony
View from the balcony
Rambooooooo!!
Rambooooooo!!
So the afternoon was spent washing up and working and trying to get the place into some kind of order for living in.  Sadly, with working 12 hour days there is really very few opportunities to do much but hopefully I can get into a routine and plan my day a bit better once things settle down.

I am so tired now; it is 9.00pm and I have been up since 3.30, so I am going to get this uploaded and get myself to bed shortly before another day at the Old School begins and I have more to write about.

Cíao, cíao xx

2 comments:

  1. There seems to be an overwhelming amount of hormonally charged emotions which I was not expecting under this New Management.

    I'm not sure if I'm more disappointed by that, or yet another update distinctly lacking POTATOES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete