Sunday 29 March 2015

On strike

Today began with me hitting the laptop straight away, before the kettle had even boiled.  I did this because the work that I was doing was taking much longer than I expected it to. I sat myself down and kicked on with some work and had a coffee.  I decided that I would feed Rambo later this morning to see if this would help him get back into his old routine again.

Work was not going well, so I took my coffee down to see Rambo and here you can see him lounging on the porch after pulling his bed out there for more comfort obviously.

Chilling
Chilling
I took a coffee break on the table and sat and had a chat with Tommy.  He didn't seem himself and looked a bit under the weather and had a bit of an ulcer on his head.  Poor Tommy.

Poorly!
Poorly!
I realised that I was getting nowhere with the file that I had been working on.  25 minutes of a 74 minute file in and I realised that it was absolutely pointless.  It was a badly recorded file and the audio was completely incomprehensible on the most part.  So, I did the one thing I don't like to do and I gave up and sent it back with what had been completed for it to be passed on to somewhere else or sent back to the client with an explanation and a request for a better quality file.  I went on strike.

I decided that as I have been working all week like a trojan that I was going to have a day of rest and this was exactly what I did.  I watched rubbish on TV, filled the wood bucket up and lit the fire and I sat and read.  Perfect.

Later, I went outside and played with Rambo for a while.  He loves that Kong and every time you go out he runs off and grabs it. We threw Kong for a while and We wrestled and I chased him.  He actually doesn't have my hand in his mouth here, although it does look like it.

Hand eater!
Hand eater!

I also decided to practise my levitation.  Almost there.

Levitating
Levitating
We took a walk around the garden and I noticed a little bit of colour has started to come through in the garden.  Spring is certainly in the wind.

Daffs!
Daffs!
Spring
Spring
Flowering
Flowering
So an update on the rat situation then:  Well, so far, no more signs of them. This is both good and bad.  Are they hiding better? Have they left? Who knows.  I found an abandoned nest, so where have they gone and let's remember, it is breeding season.

So my traps look like this:
No rats
No rats
And my 20 sachets of poison, all unnibbled!

No nibbles
No nibbles
I also went in to see how Sassy was doing.  She is a funny rabbit.  Most of the time she will come over and investigate why you are sat on the floor.  Not today. Today, she gave me the evil stare from her cage!

Sassy Bum
Sassy Bum
She has been a busy girl in the room since she came back home and already is trying to dig her way out. She is such a destructive little thing!

Trench
Trench
And so night fell, an hour later than it used to, so I retreated to Room 13 and popped open a beer and sat down to watch Black Books - what a great comedy.

Leka nosht x

No comments:

Post a Comment