Wednesday 25 March 2015

Working day

Today has been fairly uneventful in that I have done very little but paid work, so this will be a very short update for you.

I fed the animals and went to get the men.  I woke to a blanket of cloud and fog this morning, so the drive was somewhat uninspiring.  Along the route however, something has happened to the road. There must have been some movement in the land as the road has raised up to create almost a speed hump.  This could cause a serious accident, given that it is a main road and people drive at up to 120kph along it.  I saw it only because the car in front slowed down for it.

Anyway, on the way back we called at the builders yard to order some supplies. Luckily, Bekir realised that Lucy struggles with weight and so he got them to deliver the cement and metal they had ordered.

We got back and the men set to work, as did I. Today was a busy day and I have just put in a 12 hour shift and so I am exhausted.

Before long the building supplies arrived.  I did not even hear them come in as I had my headphones on and was working away - Rambo didn't even bark either, so that was helpful.  What a great guard dog, huh? Haha.

Unloading
Unloading
I took a brief break at lunchtime and made myself some fish finger sandwiches, at which stage I realised that I had no ketchup as we had to throw it out due to rat teeth marks all over it.  What a disaster!  How can you have fish finger sandwiches without ketchup?!  Anyway, apparently you can but they do not taste as good.

I ventured up to roof to take a snap of what the men were up to.  Sadly, when I look at this I have no idea what or why they are doing it, but there is cement to go on top and then the railings need to be slotted in, so I presume they know what they are doing!

Progress
Progress
It was back to work again for us all and the afternoon seemed to drag.  I took a break to go and check on Rambo as he still is not eating very much in the morning and I am a little worried about him.  I walked out to find that he had dragged his bed out from the porch and onto the patio area and was lazing around.  Unfortunately by the time I got to take a picture he was upstanding - what a shame.  I did laugh.

Caught red rugged
Caught red rugged
Back to work for me again and the day seemed to be really dragging, despite me being so busy. It is really great that I am getting so much work, but I am feeling very frustrated by the fact that I am not achieving much else during the day but I have to earn as well.  It is so busy at the moment that I have had to take work on that will occupy me most of the weekend, so I have decided that I am going to treat myself to dinner out on Friday night at our favourite local restaurant.

Much to my relief, I went down again to throw the Kong for Rambo and when I walked out he was munching away on his food.  I think it is more a case that his routine has been disrupted which is a relief really. I left him to it.

Eating at last
Eating at last
So it was time to take the men.  I had parked Lucy on the grass verge which has become quite muddy.  So as I tried to pull off, Lucy and I went off-roading.  Much amusement from the men when the wheels started to spin and I chucked a load of mud and cow shit all over her windows.  It all adds to the fun, huh?

Off roading
Off roading
So the final shot of the roof after the men had gone.  I don't quite know why they have put metal grids in on top of the wall, but they have.  i am sure the Mr will know, but this is a blue job and all I know is there will be railings up there soon and it will all be nicely finished so we can BBQ and sit on the loungers!

End of the day
End of the day
So this evening I made up a salad and cooked some chicken legs which was lovely.  I had picked up what I thought were spring onions, but in fact they were wild garlic which was a surprise, but it all works out fine as I have nobody to breath on!

Goodnight from me.  Oh and no, not one bite on the rat traps - yet!

A xx


1 comment:

  1. Metal rods on the roof must be to secure the concrete coping… imagine they are going to pour cement over the top...

    ReplyDelete