Wednesday 26 May 2021

More infill

Today was another day where I wished I had a mini-digger. I wish I had signed a new contract for work as well as then I _would_ have a mini-digger as I would have gone and bought one.

The sun sets over the hills
The sun sets over the hills
A very lovely sunset
A very lovely sunset

First of all, however, is this stunning sunset from last night. I ran like the wind onto the roof terrace and still missed the best of it as the sun sinks SO fast but I stayed until it disappeared completely. Lovely.

And the sun returns
And the sun returns


Halil marks the level
Halil marks the level
Bekir makes sure it matches exactly
Bekir makes sure it matches exactly
So much infill to shift
So much infill to shift
Loads of sand and stones
Loads of sand and stones

From sunset to sunrise and it was a bit foggy this morning though that burned off quickly. First thing this morning was another delivery of sand and stones and then lots and lots of shoveling. The men used their water level to work out where exactly to fill to and were working hard to finish off the first half of the patio. Unfortunately the toilet pipes haven't been delivered yet so we are still stuck with that task, but when they've done the spreading we can look to the drainage and then arrange cement delivery.


Some old iron
Some old iron

Later in the day the second truckload of the day, and fourth and final in total, arrived and emptied and now we will prepare for the cement day. I am very excited about this indeed! While digging through the sand Bekir found an old metal valve of some sort - if anyone can identify it that'd be great. It was completely rust up.

A baby toad, I think
A baby toad, I think
Lunch time success
Lunch time success
Pushing on behind the orchard
Pushing on behind the orchard
And onto the back bank
And onto the back bank
Halil piles up stones
Halil piles up stones

At lunch and after work I took the mower out and pushed it around the front and side of the chicken house and then up through where I pulled out the saplings and right up onto the top bank, which I finished just as Angela got back with Rosie after school. The duck pond, which really should be emptied, has loads of life in it so we may leave it for a bit. I would love to get running water and a little stream in for when we get more chickens so the wildlife can flourish. The mowing was very hard work but now we have access again to the back bank. Bekir and Halil were still working away, Halil now moving the huge rocks over to the other side of the ramp to start filling that section.

So there you are; another day of it. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment