Wednesday 19 May 2021

Windy Day

 I was awake very early this morning, after another early night last night, so I'm pretty tired right now however I'm not feeling unwell/tired just "20 hour day" tired so that is a huge relief. Onwards! It has been an incredibly windy day today, which is also something that makes me feel a bit tired with the constant rush of the wind in the trees.

Precarious perch
Precarious perch
A beautiful peaceful evening
A beautiful peaceful evening

Last night as I was typing up the blog a pigeon kept trying to land on the window frame (which didn't work very well) and then flying off before I could get a picture. After the blog was published it came back a few more times and I got a snap. It had a ring on its foot so I hope it managed to find its way home. It was a lovely evening last night and as I went to my early night I snapped a picture.

Lifting more slabs
Lifting more slabs
The fog clears
The fog clears
Drilling through for the tap
Drilling through for the tap
First pipe in and held down with sand
First pipe in and held down with sand
Extending the other trench
Extending the other trench
Tightening with the monkey wrench
Tightening with the monkey wrench

As I've said I was up very early and started working about 3am, getting most of the workday out of the way before anyone else was in the office. I took Rosie to school, which was lovely (but, in her words, "Foggy AGAIN!!) and when I got back Bekir and Halil were already in and digging out more trenches. This was the route for the pipe to take the borehole water to a tap on the new wall.It took most of the morning for them to get it all done including drilling through and fitting the pipe and then burying it in sand but then they were on to the task of extending the main run off the edge of the patio at each end so they could fit the main pipe, and T junction. This was completed just after lunch.

Covering over the pipes with sand
Covering over the pipes with sand
Where the electric cable runs
Where the electric cable runs
And the other end, by the front
And the other end, by the front
Halil starts sweeping
Halil starts sweeping
And slinging rocks
And slinging rocks

With the water pipe done next Bekir put the armoured cable in place that will take power to the toilet pumps, and also to some plugs on the front wall. He has put this into the storage cupboard and there is a spare slot for a breaker in the consumer unit in there so that will work well. He then started tidying up, with Halil cracking on, and they sorted the good slabs from the bad. Some of the bad were slung into the general filler piles while others Bekir used to layer over the sand above the water and electricity. They left the place looking very tidy indeed.

Goodbye sun
Goodbye sun

And so there it is; I did just run up to the roof terrace (which will be the job to do after they've finished the patio) to get a picture of the stunning sunset that I have been enjoying from my desk in Room 13.

Thanks, as always, for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment