Monday 3 May 2021

Weekend and back to the wall

 Once more Monday rolls around and with it the longer blog post. Let's get to it.

Lots of dried leaves to help with our toilets
Lots of dried leaves to help with our toilets
Lots of mowing, including up towards the line
Lots of mowing, including up towards the line
Relaxing and watching the family
Relaxing and watching the family
Rosie swinging
Rosie swinging
Rosie helping Angela assemble a plant frame
Rosie helping Angela assemble a plant frame
The long grass cleared around the line
The long grass cleared around the line
Golden sunlight
Golden sunlight

The weekend was a really lovely one, though both Angela and I were tired and a bit unwell at various points throughout we managed together to survive and thrive. I had Rosie for Saturday morning and when she went for her nap I got outside and did some chores like collecting three big sacks of dried leaves for the toilet (we've enough now for a long time which is great) and then pushing the mower around again. I was so hot and sweaty after that, even my feet were sweaty, and after a shower I went and chilled on the lawn and watched Rosie swinging. After a bit it was my turn to swing her and she had a great time. On top of this Angela on Sunday got some more things planted out with Rosie's help and I did some more mowing around the washing line. The sunset was something special last night as well, golden glowing and amazing.

Flags are opening
Flags are opening
Bekir and Halil get stuck in
Bekir and Halil get stuck in
Wall courses rising
Wall courses rising
A broken shovel
A broken shovel
Welding the blade back on
Welding the blade back on
That'll do, for now
That'll do, for now

I was up awake early today and went outside as I spotted that our Irises have started to bloom which is beautiful. Rosie was off school for Orthodox Easter holidays and so she and Angela got a lie in which was good. The men arrived on time, though I wondered if they may not, and got stuck in to continuing the wall. Mid morning the shovel broke and so Bekir got the old welding machine out and did a quick fix until we can get out to buy a new one.

Lizard sunning itself
Lizard sunning itself
Removing lots of roots, still
Removing lots of roots, still
Roots cleared, the wall rises
Roots cleared, the wall rises
End of the day here
End of the day here

We have been seeing more and more hot weather wildlife recently. On their way to town Angela and Rosie saw a very large tortoise down by our vehicle gate and while I was on my way back from a lovely kebab with them in town at lunch I stopped on the hill and saved a tortoise sat in the middle of the road. I also saw this large lizard sunning itself on the new wall. I love it. The workmen had a stop/start day with good progress initially then lots and lots of slow digging away of more roots in the corner before they flew with another course along. I am not sure if this is the final one or there'll be another tomorrow. We shall see.

So there you are. This evening was dinner on the balcony again, and Rosie and I watched the train go both way which is always an excitement. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment