Monday 10 May 2021

Weekend and Monday Work

 As I said last time Bekir and Halil were off on Friday for personal reasons which is a little frustrating as I want this job finished however the reasons were very very good indeed.

Beautiful sunrise
Beautiful sunrise
Rosie helping Daddy to mow the lawn
Rosie helping Daddy to mow the lawn
Late evening sun
Late evening sun
Sunset as I pack up
Sunset as I pack up

The day was a long one for me (and I honestly can't remember much more than this about it) as I got the mower out at lunch time, after work and then after Rosie went to bed (she wanted to help me again, bless her). I was mowing until 9pm and it was dark when I went over some stones with the blade too low and the mower stopped working. Again. Ooooops. I did get a lot done, however, and the front is looking lovely.

Really interesting clouds on Saturday morning
Really interesting clouds on Saturday morning
Swinging at the park
Swinging at the park
Rosie looking at her fairy house
Rosie looking at her fairy house
Running on the balcony
Running on the balcony
Climbing the back bank
Climbing the back bank

Saturday was forecast to be stormy but largely stayed lovely. I got to take Rosie to the park (thanks to Angela for the suggestion) and we had a lovely call with my mum and sister. The weather did close in later in the day and it rained on and off and Rosie and I sat watching the rain falling while dinner was being prepared. Sunday was a lovely day and Rosie was very good - I have been making a fairy house for her for the garden which I hid and then we let her find. She loves it but does keep moving it to a new location every time she sees it. After her nap we had some time on the balcony and then went for a walk for the first time for a while.

First job was the side wall completion
First job was the side wall completion
Then starting work on the ramp
Then starting work on the ramp
Side wall progress
Side wall progress
Digging the second trench
Digging the second trench

And so to today. It has been a glorious day all day today; certainly not one to have been sat at my desk all day like I have been, nor in food shops like Angela had to, but that is how it is. Bekir and Halil were in on time and finished up the wall up the side of the patio. With that done they turned their attention to the ramp area and dug out a trench to put the side walls into. We are going to extend the slope down between the trees which will make it more useable, and also help to prevent the spread of the Tea Trees there. They also looked at the mower and managed to get it working again. I will need to be more careful with it!

Sunset to end the day
Sunset to end the day

I'll leave you with this picture taken just now as I finish up writing this update. A glorious end to the day.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment