Friday 25 October 2013

eBay shennanigans

Having listed Pierre on eBay and gumtree I had a good response.

I advertised on these sites
I advertised on these sites
I had a nice chap texting me from the gumtree advert and I promised to hold the sale until Tuesday as he tried to work out a plan for collecting him and storing him at his house. I then received an offer via eBay for the entire amount and this time-limited offer was due to expire around midnight on Tuesday.

Sadly the first person text to say that he hadn't been able to sort out a location and so I accepted the offer and thought "I wonder if this will actually work out".

Of course, and you guessed it, I have had an email from the eBay offer person saying that the offer had been put in by their granddaughter and they don't want to buy even though they really like the look etc etc etc. I am now in the situation where I need to contact eBay to get Pierre relisted (without additional charges as this is certainly not my problem) and I have told the first person who is still interested but still struggling with a parking space.

Life is complicated
Life is complicated
Nothing is simple, but then I didn't expect it to be.

My eBay is asking for confirmation that I am who I say I am (apparently my password isn't enough) and is asking me questions I have no answer to ("what is your dream occupation?" well, what drugs was I taking when I answered THAT question...?) so I have to ring them up to gain access to my account. This isn't such a dreadful thing because I will use the same call to get the listing made current again.

Another little update; the shutter is moving forwards and now I am just having to find a neighbouring unit with electricity so the men can do the installation. Hopefully this will be done soon; I want to start getting my things over there and sorted them for most efficient packing. I also need to attach the Laycorn boxes to the front of the trailer and do the drilling and bolting to make them fully secure.

Just a short update today as I'm still feeling a little delicate from my night out on Wednesday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment