Thursday 31 October 2013

Wouldn't you know...

Yesterday I waited.

Tapping of toes in a cooooool fashion
Tapping of toes in a cooooool fashion
I had been told by Dilyana that I would hear from her towards the end of her working day with the feedback from the visit to the Obshtina which had happened on Tuesday.

It got to 2.30pm my time (4.30pm their time) and I rang her; while I am being understanding I have had enough of being patient.

Her phone was engaged.

It's good, but not THAT good
It's good, but not THAT good
I tried again a little later and got through straight away; I didn't ask but I hope she was engaged because she was hassling Veselka. She probably was because there was an update and it was a pretty good one at that...

Veselka had promised Dilyana to email the contract to her that day and Dilyana said that she would translate it for me and send it tomorrow (today as you read this). She promised, though, to email the Bulgarian original to me as soon as she received it.

Veselka has already applied for the Obshtina for change of use which is the first stage of the PUP as she is hoping that they will come back with knowledge of the process and timings and who she has to talk to in Sofia to get this Permission to Ask Permission. She has also applied for a new skitza; when I first heard about this I thought this was unnecessary as I had my skitza stamped and renewed last time I was over however apparently this is going to be a brand new original on tracing paper etc etc which is required for the change of use. So that is good.

The best part of it was Veselka had apparently understood that two separate contracts were sensible, one covering the design and permission work (with clauses to cope with delays for the PUP) and the other covering the PUP, when it became clear what the timings should be based on external dependencies.

Happy.....
Happy.....
So finally I knew what was going on....

.... or did I.

About ten minutes after I put the phone down from Dilyana I had a text from Chaz asking me to call him as they had been to see Veselka and had some information for me.

Hmmmm.

or maybe not....
or maybe not....
This update was subtly different from Dilyana's.

He told me that the PUP had been applied for but that this was done the previous week, and not the day before. He also said that she had agreed to start work on everything she could that wasn't blocked by the PUP and this includes the drawings for the changes and also, apparently, getting the Geodesia (what I have been calling Geophysics) which had already been out to the school and done their survey!

Why the HELL I hadn't been told about this I really do not know; if she had been arranging the PUP and booking Geodesia what is the problem with typing a one line email to tell me this; I've even employed a translator so she doesn't even need to worry about that.

Very much frustrated about this.

So it was that I was back to waiting again; for the originals of all the documents which Veselka was sending to Dilyana for translation. About 6pm my time I had a couple of emails containing the PUP application, the Skitza application and a drawing which I think may have come from the Geodesia survey.

No contract.

No contract this morning either when I woke up and the chase email I sent was replied to with "she has promised to send it today... she is still worried about the PUP timings...". This is getting to be beyond a joke as yesterday she was comfortable with sending the amended contract and today she is resistant again.

This is my face...
This is my face...
It had better arrive today!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah but, no but, yeah but,no but....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Bulgaria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let him borrow your bike Batsby and he can go round America until they sort themselves out.....

    ReplyDelete