Monday 14 October 2013

Some progress with the Architect

I was wondering what I was going to write about today but things have happened which make for a real blog post.

Which is nice.

I am sure I am going to struggle to keep writing a new blog every weekday before I leave (as not very much interesting stuff actually is happening between now and then) and I think I will not force it; if I have something to write about then I will, otherwise I won't fill up these pages with crap.

Anyway, today is not a problem, as I have said.

A flurry of activity occurred from Bulgaria to me late on yesterday as Veselka is going to the Obshtina today to start the process of arranging the PUP (for those who haven't read the whole saga this is where the Government in Sofia decides whether or not they are happy for me to ask to have the change of use for the school....) and she is also bringing an engineer of some sort with her.

My scribblings for the ground floor
My scribblings for the ground floor
I am not sure what the engineer is for; maybe just to look at the actual land, but I had a couple of messages from various people asking me to send over the ideas and concept which I have come up with for changes to the school. I had not started this so last night I was sat scribbling onto a plan at about 11pm and then took some pictures of these sketches.

My scribblings for the first floor
My scribblings for the first floor
My friend noticed that I had forgotten the door between the Living Room and the Bedroom (with an amusing comment about it being a bit cold to have to go out onto the balcony every time I want to get into my bedroom) so this has been changed and re-emailed.

One of the challenges is that I have padlocked all the doors (which are still hanging) and the keys for these doors are not in the possession of my friendly neighbour. Veselka had asked if the neighbour has the keys so I do not know if she will need access to everywhere (not possible with the keys the neighbour has) and if so she will have to arrange to meet up with my friend who DOES have all the keys.

There are LOADS of these
There are LOADS of these
It is complicated sometimes trying to organise something like this from 2,500 miles and in this situation I feel so very strongly that I should be there and around to support the architect in these processes. I know I have to be here to earn, but that doesn't really make me feel much better.

So I am waiting for a panicked call when she doesn't have access and then to have to try and organise the keys to her; hopefully the engineer is only for the land and so she won't need the extra keys. Fingers crossed.

6 comments:

  1. One spiral staircase? Not enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not the only staircase; there is a large main staircase down the corridor. The spiral one is so I have a route from living room to kitchen within the heated zone of the school :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Looking at a Rocket Mass Stove with a back boiler with radiators in the heated rooms. Other rooms will have access to chimney pipes for randomly placed petchkas. Only heating the guest suite, living room, bedroom, kitchen and wash area at first with the radiators.

      Delete
  3. Don't worry about the padlocks. A crowbar will see those off in no time!

    ReplyDelete