Monday 21 October 2013

Improvements and storage for Julian

Over the weekend I picked Julian up from the garage (he's been ready for ages but I just haven't been able to get over there and my business has been too busy for my business partner to manage it either) and took him back to the yard.

It was such a great feeling to get back into him, walk around the back; I felt so at home and I must admit I cannot wait to spend the time travelling across Europe in him. He started first time and drove well through town. He really is easy to drive.

Everything I asked for has been done including the re-wiring of the cruise control and the passenger side wing mirror which has been cleaned and remounted. They had to replace the standard battery as well, which was unexpected, but now I know that Julian is fully ready for the journey.

There are a few things which I need to do inside Julian and one of the ideas was to make the bed (above the driving position) into a location for us to store our suitcases during the journey.

My plan for this involves ring-hooks and bungies..... It's easier to show you in pictures so:

Fitting the first ring hook
Fitting the first ring hook
All three fitted
All three fitted
Bungies in place
Bungies in place
So the idea is that the bungies will stop any bags from sliding off the bed though I am not sure there would ever be a situation where my acceleration would cause this to happen. Better safe than sorry though.

There are a couple of other things which need fixing on Julian now and, now I have him back from the garage, I will be arranging for these to be done. I need to fix the ladder, have the fridge removed (and then build a rabbit cage there for Sassy) and I need the hookup electrics and inverter sorted out.

As I am so busy I am going to get professionals to sort the inverter and electrics, and I do not trust myself with the gas supply to the fridge so that also needs someone who knows what they are doing. I have the quote for the ladder already so that is not a problem.

Julian and trailer in their temporary storage
Julian and trailer in their temporary storage
I went into the new unit this weekend also and there is now space for me to drive Julian inside however the shutter still hasn't been fixed. I need to get this chased as it is taking a long time to sort.

Super strong padlock
Super strong padlock
My final task was to make sure that Julian and the trailer were secure. I had to climb over the gate again (heart, once again, in mouth) to access my unit but this is the last time as I have bought a shiny new padlock and affixed this to the gate. The key has been left with my neighbour (who needs to get his bins out that way) so all is well.

I have had a lot of interest for Pierre which is great so hopefully he will be sold to a happy new home very soon. If you know anyone looking for a camper van please do send them to one of the following links:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190937404906?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/superb-camper-van-excellent-condition-hes-called-pierre-and-he-will-love-you-back/1036024521

No comments:

Post a Comment