Thursday 17 October 2013

I'm not waiting for the architect any more....

..... because now I am waiting for the architect and the translator :)

This is why I need a translator... apparently
This is why I need a translator... apparently
So, the blog today is a short and sweet "state of mind" update and as per usual focuses on the patience being forced on me by having to run the first part of the build (getting planning permission) remotely.

Veselka went over to the Obshtina for my Municipality on Monday however she picked the first day of Eid and so (I think because I haven't actually had a full update yet) she was not able to see the people she wanted to. I didn't have a request for extra keys so either she got to the school and didn't need more access, or didn't even get there.

I haven't received a contract still, and have heard that this is because she is trying to find out how long the PUP will take so she can put that in the paperwork.

More frustration....
More frustration....
As my frustration with this situation is palpable I have been feeling more and more aware recently that my nagging and hassling has been going through friends who are helping out of the goodness of their (very good) hearts. I do think that my feelings are legitimate however and so I have not stopped from nagging. Sorry to those who have suffered my impatience.

Anyway meeting the translator on the last trip over was an eye opener and I came home thinking "well, if I could pay her to be my go between then that would be ideal" and this week I have managed to get that agreement. So, bless her heart, Dilyana is now going to be the recipient of my hassling emails.

We shall see if the situation improves. It should do; she comes across as a very efficient and helpful lady and I have hopes that the communication from over there will improve.

I am a capitalist, what of it...
I am a capitalist, what of it...
None of this is in any way supposed to sound negative about everyone who has helped so far; I appreciate all your efforts it is just that I feel bad for imposing on people who are only helping because they are nice. I am a capitalist and believe one should be remunerated for ones efforts.

I am at the moment awaiting my first update from the translator and when this happens I think a weight will drop. We are less than five months now til leaving date and while that may seem like a long time, with Christmas and extensive holidays amongst the "public servants" in Bulgaria it will disappear really quickly particularly if there is no urgency.

No comments:

Post a Comment