Tuesday 5 November 2013

I sacked my architect

After my slightly amusing findings on Friday I asked Dilyana to find out just exactly what Veselka was thinking with the fact her numbers were all over the place, and she had doubled the quote again between our physical meeting and this new contract.

Is it really that confusing
Is it really that confusing?
The reply arrived on Sunday and was basically "uh yeah, Veselka got confused".

Right.

So my architect is admitting to having no grasp whatsoever of the Project, and being unable to grasp or understand the simple requirements which I have? And I am supposed to have any faith in her ability to carry out the processes without making continual mistakes in the future?

No it is not!
No it is not!
I don't think so.

One of the "confusions" was regarding the 290 square metre number which appeared first of all on the first, incorrect, contract. The reason given for this particular number was that Veselka thought I was only converting two of the school rooms into living accommodation; the issue for this is each school room is about 40 square metres and so it would be only about 80 or maximum 90 square metres.

This is only one example of the multitude of mistakes which have happened from the start and, when taken with the delays (which were completely unnecessary and stemmed entirely from bad organisation) I have firmly decided that working with Veselka is a bad idea.

Yup, that's that
Yup, that's that
So she's gone.

I have sent an email to Dilyana telling her this, asking for her invoice, and requesting that all future correspondence is forwarded on to my friend. Additionally I need the originals of the drawings she has done.

We shall see just how long it takes for this request to be carried out; if I am going to be taking a new architect on immediately then this will be a problem if it is slow however I'm not convinced this will happen.

It seems that the PUP is not necessary and if I get the electrical survey done (not a huge cost) then I can get my electricity connected and have that waiting for me. I also will find out tomorrow how much the municipality will charge me to apply for the change of use and may not need to do all the project as the school is ALREADY in private hands.

It's quite confusing and difficult with lots of people telling me lots of things however I feel like progress is being made.

Continual delays, no MORE!
Continual delays, no MORE!
As of this morning I have not had a reply to my email to Dilyana telling her the news so I think I shall wait another day or so and then ring her; I can't have Veselka causing me delays even after I have sacked her!

2 comments:

  1. Seriously dude, if she looked like that (first photo) would you still be sacking her?

    ReplyDelete